Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Join us for Lala Bahooka 3/8/08 what a night $ 2,700 raised

Pages: 1 46 replies

D

Just 10.00 bucks at the door gets you into the show and enters you into a special raffle. Dinner and no host bar off the Bahooka Menu. Visit http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/menu.htm
Add'l Raffles and tickets will be sold at the show. I will start to post some more of the items this week. Please feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

For more info on where the money goes chick here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26929&forum=15&11&PHPSESSID=10d870d296f499c21e899ceea401be18

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-03 17:34 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-07 18:05 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-08 09:35 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-10 07:03 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-10 11:29 ]

dibroc ~ Please let Soccertiki and I know what we can do to help you out. Mucho Mahalo for taking the time to put this together :)

OK, we are back on. Total of 6 of us...

[ Edited by: Tikitatt 2008-03-07 13:15 ]

I will be there! :) All good!

do we need to rsvp now? bump

M

Here's what we're donating for the event...

This is our limited edition a/p run of only 30 sets of our 2003 "Martin" & "Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior" mugs, originally from the 2003 "It's all about the Tiki" shows held at La Luz de Jesus & M-Modern Galleries.

Designed respectively by legendary lowbrow artist's The Pizz & Von Franco.

That Green Martin mug is bomb! Going to be a fun event & for a great cause :)

C

is there a cover charge for this or is the MS donations just coming from the raffle, etc? I am going to be up there that weekend for a family shindig on Sunday the 9th so quite possibly could go to this too. Sounds like fun.

D

Hey Cat good question. I updated the above post. The enrty cost to the show is only $10.00 a head. I will have info on Monday afternoon on how to RSVP and start to show some of the items that will be at the event.
ALL monies raised on the 8th will go to Sufering Bastard in Maine's MS walk account. See this post for more info on the MS Walk. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26929&forum=15&9

D

Things have been a bit busy but I wanted to let you all know that LalaBhaooka is still a go. If you would like to RSVP please send me a PM and I will add you to the list. Do not forget the first 50 people to come in will get the Tiki Farm LalaBahooka Tiki Tumbler.

I am going to start showing some of the goods that you can take home from the event.
First off thanks to Holden at Tiki Farm for the Von Franko and The Pizz LE mugs and tumblers listed above.

Big thanks to Lost Little Tiki and to Bob and Leroy at Oceanic Arts for the next 3 items.

"Golden Tiki" Ken Ruzic 2006

"Happy Morning" Ren Ruzic 2007

Cool carving signed by both Bob and Leroy

More items to be listed later today so check back.

D

Rick from speakitiki.com was nice enough to offer a set of his Tiki speakers for the event. You can get more info on these and his other products at http://www.speakitikki.com or contact [email protected] for more info. Here is a pic of one of the speakers. We will have these set up and playing so you can give them a listen at the Bahooka.

edit to correct email address

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-02-27 14:16 ]

Thanks for doing all this Dibroc!!
it's so great to see people helping people even if they are a continent apart.

the event looks like it's really coming together! sweet!

..sb

S
squid posted on Wed, Feb 27, 2008 8:33 PM

There will be at least 2 of each style of pendant for auction.

And there will be 2 sets of these Freeky Tikis....

See ya there!

D

I would like to thanks Nick at Tiki Magazine for the next item.
Been a little slow in picking up your Tiki Mags? No worries we have them right here.

7 back issues and the next year will be sent right to you.
Thanks Nick. Be sure to check out TM's web site at http://www.tikimagazine.com

Here's a couple raffle prizes. See ya there!

On 2008-02-08 17:30, MakeDaMug wrote:
Here's what we're donating for the event...

Hey Dibroc, I hope you keep this set together for the raffle!
Someone is going to be lucky to get these!
Hopefully I can make it down!
Thanks for being a charitable person and organizing this! It looks like its going to be a great show for a great cause!

D

Mahalo to Squid and Dave's Not Home for the donations.
The Bahooka has also kicked in a $25.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE. The room is over half full so get your RSVP in to be sure you are in the room for the show. Don't forget to visit http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/menu.htm if you are coming to the show.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-02-29 07:06 ]

I'll be there along with Ilene and little Trader Joe. Here's our donation for the event...a tiki pole from Oceanic Arts.

S
squid posted on Fri, Feb 29, 2008 3:16 PM

Hey Tom! Looks like you're already there...cool! I'll look for you in the parking lot.

The stuff just keeps getting better & better! See ya there!

D
dibroc posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2008 8:11 AM

We are getting a GREAT response for the show. Thanks to all of you who have made reservations. We still have a few open tables so Let me know if you want to be sure to get a into the back room for the show. We will be able to have some extra seating but not sure how many till the night of the show.

Please be at the Bahooka by 7:15 (room opens at 7:00) so you can by raffle tickets, be seated, get a drink (or two) and order dinner prior to the the show stating. thanks John

Count me in for 2. I did not make a reservation. Can't wait!

If you can't make it to Bahooka's this Saturday you can make a donation for the MS Walk. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26929&forum=15

Nina & I will be there to hob-nob, cut the rug, & raise a mug! See you all there!!

Cheers,

Aaron

I really want to thank all of you for supporting this cause.
Proceeds are going to my MS Walk team.
Of course, why do I walk?
Because the light of my life, my best friend, my hunny, my wahine, Traci was diagnosed a couple years ago with MS.
while that diagnosis was a good thing so that we knew what the heck was going on with her, it doesnt make it any easier to deal with.
She has seemingly lost about 25% of her vision in one eye. She never knows when she is going to lose sensation in a limb, or lose her balance, or start forgetting things due to MS symptoms.
one good thing is that she is responding well to treatment - but that treatment involves giving herself a shot every other day - and she hates needles. the other part of the treatment is a low dose chemotherapy session every few months that makes her lose some of her hair (and she's a child of the 80's, so hair is pretty important), and makes her feel like crap for several days each time.

proceeds go to the MS Society, which funds research into new treatments, provides services to people with MS, and advocates for more research funding and defends the rights of those disabled by this disease.

So thank you for supporting this cause. And my greatest thanks of course go to Dibroc for pulling this together.

you all freaking rock!

..sb

D
dibroc posted on Thu, Mar 6, 2008 9:28 AM

I have a few more things to share from the Lala Bahooka list.
A set of Ken Ruzic mugs. Oli'Oli, Pupule, and Kakaka. All 3 are signed by Kinny.

You will have to be at The Bahooka to see this one. Hmmm I think I have two of these mystery boxes.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-06 09:47 ]

SD

OK so were going too and were bringing Sterling silver Tikis with Black Tahitian pearl
pendants to donate.

http://www.myspace.com/skinnydogdesigns

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-06 17:00 ]

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Mar 7, 2008 4:48 PM

BIG THANKS to everyone who has offered items for the show. The jewelry from Scott at Skinny Dog Designs looks great. I am looking forward to bidding on a piece or two for Paula and myself.

Soccer Tiki & Woohoo have just sweetened the pot.
How about 4 days and 3 nights in Puerto Vallarta Mexico at the La Jalla de Mismaloya!!
Your one bed room condo's balcony over looks the Mismaloya Bay where you can enjoy a wonderful sunset with Mai Tai in hand. The complex has a swimming pool, a jacuzzi, a tennis court, and an exercise room. You can walk along Mismaloya Beach and stop at one of the palapas on the beach and have a drink or eat lunch. Swim or snorkel in the bay. Scuba diving, sailing, kayaking, fishing, jet-skiing, parasailing and boat tours can be arranged from Mismaloya Beach. This Mexico get away has a retail value of over $350.00 and will be your's if you are the high bidder.
Chris has sent me a brochure full of pictures and a full descrition of the location. If I can figure out how to post it I will do so soon.

Something for the auction:

How many days of this can you take??? Don't miss the auction at Bahooka tomorrow night!
WooooooHoooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

C

I just packed my over night bag and will be heading up the 15 from San Diego tomorrow morning. Glad my big family shindig in Azuza just happens to be the same weekend as this! Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.

SD

OH WOW TOP OF THE PAGE TOP OF THE PAGE !!!!

Looking forward to my first Tiki Central event !!

Don't be afraid if a guy with a severed head tattooed on his hand says HI!!

Thats me !!

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-08 00:46 ]

R

Hey everyone!

I'm not far from Bahooka, and was wondering if I could still get in tonight with the wife.

Do we have to make reservations...or just show up at 7:00?

One last question...I think I just read the post wierd, but to clarify...
The $10 is just the cover for the show, right?
Then drinks and food are all normal prices?

Anyway, hope there's still some room left if we show up :D

:drink: mmmmmm....

GT

Dani and I will bring a couple of mugs and such for sale, Also I would like to donate my artist proof " Skulldron" Rum Barrel, That's worth a couple of bucks! Looking forward to the tasty ribs! Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-03-08 16:04 ]

Wow! Great love & support we have here on TC, you people rock! See ya tonight!! hiPhiPaHuLa!

See all you crazy kids tonight!!

SD

I hope the ATM is full !!!

Can we use C.Card or is it cash and carry ??

I have been contacted on Myspace by several friends

who have family with MS and they all say THANK YOU !!!

So we will be bring a few extra pieces to donate in their honor !

C

You must have had a great turn out! We got there and could not find parking anywhere. Happy to see such a crowd but bummed we could not be part of it. Hope you raised lots of money and had a great time.

WoooHooo! Mucho Mahalo to our Host & Hostess John & Paula for putting together such an Incredible Event.

DJ LavaFlow provided us with Tropical Tunes all night long

Dave's Not Home was the Auctioneer for the night

Kaytee & TikiFarm Sharon

Dani getting ready to dive into her Cosmo Bowl

Katyee showed us how to Rock the Hula

Hula..Hula..Hula

Need entertainment for your next party or event? Call 1-800-Soccertiki
Ask for the Hinano_Paul Hulla Special

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-03-09 12:32 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 9, 2008 12:36 PM

Squid said that when he saw Hinano Paul and Soccertiki dressed in hula skirts, it reminded him of Baloo the bear.

Thanks for hosting a fun evening at the Bahooka John and Paula. GROG very happy with the OA tiki signed
by Bob and Leroy that GROG won in the auction. GROG wanted to bid on the OA pole, but it was raffled off. :(

Nice hula show, Sharon and Gary.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-03-09 12:37 ]

T

We had a great time last night and well I got drunk for a great cause. Thanks to everyone that put this event together.

D

WOW!! What a night. What do you get when you mix 65 wonderful Ohana members, both new and old, 15 donors, 4 beautiful dancers,and "DJ Lava Flow" with Bahooka ribs and dark rum? A night of fun, friendship, love and about $2700.00. On be half of Suffering Bastard in Maine and I MAHALO to everyone for the great turn out to Lala Bahooka. Thank you to everyone for the kind words about the event but really it was about YOU and what you all did to make this happen. I was just there for the ride. Without you all it would have just been another dinner and Mai Tai at the Bahooka for me.

As you all could tell I am not a pro at event planning. Have to apologize to all of you and to Holden at Tiki Farm. As I was packing up I found that I did not add the two Tiki Farm LE AP mugs "Martin" & "Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior" I will be starting an on line auction here on TC. Please check it out in " Market Place"

The night was summed up for me as I looked at my mother in law at the end of the night. She had tears in her eyes as she understood the true meaning of Ohana and the Aloha spirit.

Mahalo, John

I would just like to echo the sentiments of dibroc.

When my wife heard that folks in CA, most of whom she has never met (although a few she has!) did all of this to support the organization that helps her out, she started to cry.

It truly means a great deal to us and I look forward to returning the favor when I can!

MAHALO!!!

..sb

John, You really put on a great show. My wife & I couldn't have had a better time at our 1st Tiki Central event. We met some nice people & we even won a couple of things in the raffles. Thanks again for a great night.
Mike & Karen

GT

Thanks John and All of the So.Cal Ohana, Great event to help those with MS, Mahalo!

Some of the Ohana!

Lots of Cool, Items for the auction and raffle, Thanks John, Best to you and yours Suffering Bastard, Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-03-10 19:45 ]

TT

Wow looks like you guys had a blast and raised some serious coin.... well done.. not suprising really.. John & Paula pretty much kick ass ALWAYS! wish i coulda made it there...

That was a great time !!

Wish I had not destroyed my back 5 minutes before leaving for the event but a few drinks later I found a way to last till the end

We all felt very welcome to our first TC event and look forward to seeing everyone again .

Thanks
Scott Jen And Roberta

Skinny dog Design

Tabu Tikis

John, thank you for putting on a great evening. It was our 2nd tiki central event (the first being the Tong Hut Art show), we had a great time and met some great people as well. Glad to be part of an event for such a good cause and Megan was happy to be the winner of the Squid mugs. Thanks again.

Jeff & Megan

Pages: 1 46 replies