Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Chongo Mug Auction - Amended please read!!!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

Hey all - this was brought to my attention by a fellow user. This auction is using my pic from Ooga Mooga fro their auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Munktiki-Chongo_W0QQitemZ140204205610QQihZ004QQcategoryZ35713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Please be wary of it as they have a 2 feedback rating and this is the only Tiki item they have for sale. I highly doubt they would have this semi-Rare Muntiki classic!

[ Edited by: Maori_man 2008-02-04 08:04 ]

T

So I asked the guy if the picture he had was of the actual mug he had in his posession and this was his response:

"I used a photo of someone else's and didn't know I'm not supposed to do that--I'm a novice lister. There were 100 of these mugs made and you can see what it looks like at http://www.munktiki.com and clicking on Ltd. Edition. Each of the 100 looks exactly the same."

He changed the photo to another generic photo, so I asked him to post photos of "his" actual mug. We'll see what he does.

His listing also states he's not offering insurance....

M

Hey all - I heard back from the lister and I think h is on the up and up but i am still not endorsing the auction here. He stated he didn't have a camera and used what he thought was generic picture of the mug (although not a very good one).

He apologized and said he removed the pic.

If your interested in the mug - ask him if it has the COA and what number it is. Neither of those pieces of info is in th listing!

Thanks again to itchytikitavi for pointing this out.

I emailed this person and this is what they had to say.....

My question....
Dear jjbmedia,

Hello...What # is your mug? Thanks

His response....
It's #23

Then he emailed back later and left this message....

HI: I am really sorry for all the confusion. I finally managed to post my own pics of Chongo #23 on EBay.
Best,
John

These are actual quotes from the emails just copied and pasted here....he still has a generic pic of the mug on his listing, but in the email to me he claims they are his own pics.....I would still be a little wary of purchasing from this guy....
Just my thoughts.....Thanks

J

The ebay listing now has this message:
"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

He must have found out we were on to him.....

J

He has relisted the mug. Funny thing is, the picture of the bottom of the mug is actually the bottom of the Sir Squigley Mug that he has listed! Oh, and I guess he's feeling generous because he dropped the opening bid price to $99.99! He even included an apology to those of us who saw his previous listing. Isn't that sweet. He has several other Munktiki mugs listed now.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-02-04 12:50 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies