Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Dem' Bones...

Pages: 1 3 replies

OK this is my 2nd tiki carving (the first one was a combination of impatience, over excitement at new tools and mild disaster)so i offer my backup, a slightly more thought out attempt, for your criticism. Although be gentle ;P

I'm mostly using driftwood found on our local beaches due to a lack of car, chainsaw and common sense. Ive no idea what type of wood this is but it was interesting to carve. The teeth are bone and the scribbles were shell powder inlay...

Full Frontal...

The Shell Disaster

After oiling and retouching the Shell Disaster (I love acrylic)

So then oh wise master carvers, is there any hope for me? I personally am quite pleased for a first 'proper' attempt!

leo

[ Edited by: BorderRaider 2008-02-05 11:49 ]

I think the use of color detail makes it pop. Nicely done for only your second tiki ...Props to ya. Keep snaggin' that driftwood..

Well its definately more interesting than a love-spoon.. :lol: :wink:
I like the fact youre experimenting with materials and techniques from the very beginning - plenty of hope for you!

Welcome aboard Leo.

Tama :)

H

To paraphrase one of your countrymen...

"You will never surrender. You will never give up. You will carve tiki on the beach. You will carve tiki in the country. You will carve tiki in the city. You will carve tiki in the alleys. You will carve tiki to the edge of the empire, but you will never, never, Never, Never, NEVER SURRENDER!"

Pages: 1 3 replies