Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Two New Marquesan Pieces by Lake Tiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

I've continued to focus on the Isles of the Marquesas, just a small part of my 2008 Island Collection I'm doing this year. My work will focus on detailed and varied pieces from island groups in the South Pacific.

Here are two brand new handmade pieces off the carving table up for sale.

These pieces were sold, but you can get a look at them here...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=18597&forum=7&start=525

If you're interested I can make one for you. PM me for more info.

Thanks!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-02-06 10:04 ]

C
croe67 posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2008 4:15 PM

Wow - that was FAST :wink: :)

Nice job, Lake - they look great!!!

Very nice. The Marquesans themselves don't do it much better! Here's the tip of a war club I bought on Nuku Hiva:

I can see both of those two framing the entrance to a Tiki Room nicely, too.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-05 16:47 ]

Deeeaaamn! Yo, Lake, your really comin' into your own these days... These are some of the freshest carvings around, in my opinion.. Im really hesitant to jump(buy) on these pieces, cuz I dont know what you'll have next week... Crazy chops, Bro. I'm really diggin' these newbies..

croe67, thanks so much for your inspiration and compliment! I put everything on hold to carve these guys, they became an obsession.

Sven, thanks for the compliment! That's a really nice war club... right along the lines of what I've been absorbing lately. The Marquesas hold a lot of magic and mystery for me these days.

Freddie, thanks man! I really appreciate hearing that!

I was in a funk last fall and changed some things up in my art and directions I was heading. I've really found a renewed passion... deeper than before.

Next week.... yea... a few more things up my sleeve... even into the summer. Keep watching. :wink: I never know what's going to come from these hands these days. Its all been a happy surprise.

Pages: 1 4 replies