Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

This HAS to be a Joke! Ebay listing for Miehana tiki mug

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

Take a looke at the Buy it now price for this! Gee, Seems like a steal at $99.99!HA! :D

Link

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-02-06 00:02 ]

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine - to shorten link - 2008-02-08 20:33 ]

LT

It does seem silly to list an item at 10x the price of what it can still be had for from the manufacturer. But I suppose they can be forgiven, at least to a point; it is eBay so I don't fault them for testing the waters. What makes less sense to me is when I see this practiced on Ooga-Mooga. I'm often surprised at the premiums some will pay for fairly common items listed on eBay but I'm even more surprised to see common and currently available items listed on Ooga-Mooga for 2x or 3x the current market or manufactures price.

LOL Tiki!

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2008-02-06 12:20 ]

MT

It's also surprising that the shipping on that auction for the Meihana mug is about what the mug costs brand new from Tiki Farm.

LT

On 2008-02-06 15:01, Mai Tai wrote:
It's also surprising that the shipping on that auction for the Meihana mug is about what the mug costs brand new from Tiki Farm.

Yeah, eBay is rotten with shipping rapists.

The guy is also selling a Tiki Farm Unlucky Tourist decanter for $49.99, when you can buy from straight from Holden for $16.95.

Probably trying to snare an unaware newbie.

LT

On 2008-02-07 10:57, tikipedia wrote:
...Probably trying to snare an unaware newbie.

I think that's what a lot of this comes down to. There's a Stockton Islander Smiley mug and a Munktiki Pohaku Po'o that have been out there for months with "Buy it now" prices of $349.99 and $42.95 respectively; all they need is one enthusiastic newbie. A couple of months back a saw a Miehana sell for over $40.

MT

Yeah, there is Tiki Drummer God that has been on ebay like forever, with a Buy It Now price of $499.99 plus $50 bucks shipping. I'm sure they are hoping to snag an uninformed buyer, although it's probably a much better buy than that Stockton Islander Smiley mug for $349.99!!!

S

On 2008-02-07 11:28, LOL Tiki wrote:
I think that's what a lot of this comes down to. There's a Stockton Islander Smiley mug and a Munktiki Pohaku Po'o that have been out there for months with "Buy it now" prices of $349.99 and $42.95 respectively; all they need is one enthusiastic newbie. A couple of months back a saw a Miehana sell for over $40.

But for that $349.99 you get a Mai Kai and Hukilau postcard and some genuine cocktail umbrellas and a hand painted Tiki ornament. What a bargain!

M

:roll: Woooowwwwwwww what a deal

Pages: 1 8 replies