Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Cost-Plus-$1 "YoYo Island" Shop policy at Cafe-Pirates...!

Pages: 1 0 replies

It has been opined, here-and-there, that CafePress’s stuff is overpriced and of poor quality. But I must impudently disagree – the printed merchandise we contract through them is usually first class; our original YoYo Island Calendars, Libation Mugs, Bar Coasters, Stash-Boxes, and Posters are really coming out super these days (even the Noir-T’s look very nice now, after their execrable initial beta versions) --

http://www.cafepress.com/yoyoisland

-- I cannot, however, also impudently disagree about their pricing – it sucks the paint off a battleship. They outta know that crackpots like me will certainly bail when we build our businesses up to the point where we can contract our neato brand of theme merchandise elsewhere, but, sigh, Café-Pirates really ain’t in it for the love. I am, though! Well, for the love of shameless PR, of course, and the love of those hordes of certifiable YoYo Guest-aways out there compelled to misspend their medication money on demented swag that keeps their favorite wacky island near at hand (when Nurse Ratched shuts down the Psych Ward’s broadband).

Soooo... We’re kicking off a new pricing policy, notching all our YoYo Island shop items at just $1.00 over Café-Pirates’ base price. Crazy? Sure! Pointless? Maybe! Cheap? Well, cheaper anyway. But we figure that a $1 markup will not only help expose Café-Pirates’ callously exploitive base pricing, but also still help us cover the shop’s operational costs. And since the whole point is to share the (promotional) love, then maybe fewer customers will be turned off by a buck-only markup, than the timid gouge we’ve previously been lacquering over our own steep buy-in.

[NB: “FOYOYO” (Friends of YoYo Island) Supporter Shirts are excepted (duh), as their outrageous prices overtly help sustain YoYo Island’s operating costs, however, their markups are now fixed at “round-the-clock-themed” increments of 12%, 24%, & (get help) 48%. Still a gouge, true, but irresistible to those YoYo Guest-aways eager to show their island pride (who’ve thusfar evaded sensible restraint), and say to the world, “I Fed The Kitty!” Savvy?]

New fun and questionably-collectible theme merch is in the pipeline for Spring, some of it pretty nice, so help us spread the YoYo lore, and save some seashells at the same time! Oooo.

Fabloha!

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2008-02-09 16:13 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies