Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Sad News II - Matringinetti's Liquor in Boston Boarded up

Pages: 1 5 replies

I

I was really looking forward to my first visit to Martinginetti's in Boston last week. Imagine my shock when I arrived to find the storefront gated, locked and sniff.. EMPTY! I had to cry my way to the Union Oyster House for a ick.. beer.

So much for the flagship rum mart in Boston folks.

Lee (I-Tiki)

Sob! I spent a ton of money there when I lived on Salem Street!

S

Which one? Soldier's Field Road or the North End location? (And aren't there more...?)

S

Well, their North End location been closed since about Jan 4 2008, due to a "corporate decision" according to someone who answered the phone at the Soldier's Field Road location (which is "never" going to close he said).

I'm not so worried any more.

The Professah and I made a shopping trip out to the Soldier's Field location, and got some good stuff, but we ended up going to Blanchards the following week to get things that weren't in stock at Martignetti's. Blanchard's has great variety and great prices. And it's closer, at least to us!

S

One of the very nice - and apparently little-known - things about Blanchards is that you can order stuff and pick it up in their West Roxbury store. Their online website has more stuff than any one of their stores, so you can get more things if you know what you're looking for. You have to wait a week, and you can only pick up in their West Roxbury location, but it can be extremely worthwhile rather than hunting through 4 or 5 stores for some rare items.

Pages: 1 5 replies