Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Identify the Canadian celebrity! Win a crappy prize!

Pages: 1 20 replies

Yes, I know what you're thinking - "Canadian celebrity... isn't that an oxymoron?"

Nevertheless, this fellow enjoying a Mai Tai poolside at Trader Vic's Lounge in the Beverly Hilton is a household name here north of the 49th.

Who is he, and what is he promoting?

In the tradition of Canadian game shows, the prize is almost inconsequential - 100 Sweet Daddy Tiki Bonus Points, redeemable for valuable, um...

Really, all you get is bragging rights.

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

My new blog

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2008-02-14 23:43 ]

I know who he is but what he's promoting, I do not know.... the fabulous Mai Tai should be savoured in pool???

straw hats?... he's promoting STRAW HATS!

Give the Americans a clue at least... initials are B.B.

But I wouldn't exactly say he's a household name in Canada...

Thanks for the clue John, is it Brent Butt? :roll:

Is he promoting Corner Gas or alcoholism?

T

That's Artie, my accountant !!!

Since he did a voice-over in "Tiki Tiki" back in I think 1971, my guess is Barry Baldero?

Promoting the Beverly Hilton or Mai Tai's?

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-02-15 07:04 ]

Do I get to play? Or is it only open to 'Mericans?

given the gentleman's excellent taste in headwear, i think he should appear on the 1000-point Swankola Buck.

Probably "Come visit America" because right now, the American dollar SUCKS!!

D

On 2008-02-15 07:18, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Do I get to play? Or is it only open to 'Mericans?

yer an 'merican.. a North American..
oh and i have no idea who the dude is.

O

I think I know what he is promoting. The new Trader Vic's using cocktail umbrellas?

Oh, I forgot. BB?

Benny who owns this Trader Vic's?

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-02-15 16:16 ]

It's Brent Butt. Is he promoting his show Corner Gas being on WGN?

Tom Green? Geddy Lee-that nerd band guy? Alanis Morrisette? Anne Murray? (I think that's all the Canadian celebrities I can think of...)

Really BK? C'mon...you forgot Bryan Adams, Michael J. Fox, Leonard Cohen, Pamela Anderson, William Shatner, Celine Dion, Lorne Greene, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Seth Rogan, Peter Jennings, Neil Young, k.d. Lang, Dan Akroyd, Howie Mandel, Margot Kidder, Kim Cattrall, David Cronenberg, James Cameron, Donald Sutherland, Sarah McLachlan, Avril Lavigne, Michael Buble, Mike Meyers, Shania Twain...

...I could go on, but that's plenty of crappy celebs right there!

Don't forget Wayne Gretzky, Paul Shaffer, Natasha Henstridge, Dave Foley and um..Theron Fleury.

And when can I start Bragging about winning?

And don't forget about these two guys, eh?

100 points to Bora Boris for identifying comedian Brent Butt.

100 points to naugatiki for knowing he was promoting his sitcom Corner Gas.

100 points to Slacks Ferret for mentioning Chicago superstation WGN.

Kudos and 100 points to PTD for knowing Barry Baldaro and the very obscure Canadian film "Tiki Tiki", an odd mix of original animation by Gerald Potterton intercut with a bizarre Soviet children's film. It's been maybe 35 years since I saw it at a film society and since then I've never encountered another soul who's even heard of it.

And 1000 Brent Butt points to Tiki A. Moaikingbird for designing the Swankola bonus points. Remember, for all your currency design needs, that name again is Tiki A. Moaikingbird.

P.S. You can redeem your Swankola points for Mai Tais at Bachelor Bastion (some restrictions apply, void where prohibited by law)

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

swankola.com

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2008-02-15 23:21 ]

Thank You Sweet Daddy Tiki!

I feel good.

On 2008-02-15 20:22, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Really BK? C'mon...you forgot Bryan Adams, Michael J. Fox, Leonard Cohen, Pamela Anderson, William Shatner, Celine Dion, Lorne Greene, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Seth Rogan, Peter Jennings, Neil Young, k.d. Lang, Dan Akroyd, Howie Mandel, Margot Kidder, Kim Cattrall, David Cronenberg, James Cameron, Donald Sutherland, Sarah McLachlan, Avril Lavigne, Michael Buble, Mike Meyers, Shania Twain...

...I could go on, but that's plenty of crappy celebs right there!

Oh, yeah...huh. Need to, ah, brush up on that. Canada did give the U-S-Of-Animals Vice Magazine and the do's and dont's...one of my faves. http://www.viceland.com/int/dos.php?country=us

Pages: 1 20 replies