Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Stitch taking over Tokyo Enchanted Tiki Room

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Good. Maybe the new management will finally address the condition of the concession stand. Deplorable!

[ Edited by: thunderlips 2008-02-16 20:02 ]

Heh...I'm a big Lilo & Stitch fan. I got this recently off eBay. It's a postcard available at Tokyo Disneyland:

J

NOOOOO!!!! After the Disney Wold disaster that is "Under New Management", you'd think the Imagineers would have learned a lesson. Who knows, maybe the Stitch show will turn out good? And then maybe not. At a minimum he may end up being a good gateway for the next generation of Tiki freaks.

V

Wow - sad to see the show change. I've got a recording of the Japanese show I bought last time we went and I love listening to it. It's got a great cover of "Fever" with a tiki/exotica twist in nihongo!

Just to clarify,
This is Tokyo Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room, not Walt Disney World's. Tokyo never had the "Under New Managment" show (which I agree is HORRIBLE). Tokyo Disneyland had changed their show to something called "Get the Fever" which I only heard. While it doesn't compare to the original Tiki Room, it is way better than "Under New Managment" at WDW. It seems that they DID learn their lesson (contrary to what was posted here). Of course, I would preffer the original show. But I'm not making any judgements until I see/hear the new Stitch show. At least Stitch has a hawaiian theme...
Your friend,
Louis

Pages: 1 5 replies