Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tour Thomas Tew Distillery, RI

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

S

CANCELED due to lack of participation.

I've been speaking with Brent from the Thomas Tew distillery in Newport, RI, and he's offered to give a bunch of us a private tour.

On the way back, I suggest a stop at the Mon Kou, which will be right on the way for anyone coming from Mass or NH, and not far out of the way for anyone else.

Who's interested?
How's the date work for you?

NEW DATE (Again): Saturday, May 10th at 4:00 PM. Tour should run until about 6, which should get us to the Mon Kou at about 7:00.

[ Edited by: Scottes 2008-03-28 09:54 ]

[ Edited by: Scottes 2008-05-08 06:45 ]

pencil me in!

K

I'll be on a plane that day, but it sounds like fun.

B

Didnt I already answer this question?

Im all for this, but the 15th is no good for me.

St Pats parade in Hartford that day. You can still drink rum....and you can do it outside, in the street...take cocktails "to go" out of bars. I love the suspension of the opne container policy for the st pats parade.

Pick a different weekend, and plan on partying with the Bargoyle on the 15th!!

Its the one time of year we goto Hartford!! lol

S

Well, I may have spoken too fast.

Brent replied, and said that a weeknight, Mon-Thu, is actually better in this time frame. He does the distilling on Mon-Wed so that may be a little more interesting. But a weeknight might be tough for folks, so I've asked about a Saturday in Mid-April.

Again, if you're interested, speak up. We can do what's possible to align a schedule that works for everyone. OK, that's unlikely to please everyone, but hopefully for most people...

Definately interested. WAAAYYY interested. Can't think of a better way to spend either a saturday or even a weeknight, should it come to that. My only problem is that I'm out most weekends in April. The 19th may be the only one that would work for the whole month. But keep me aprised anyway, and sign me up for samples. Thanks!

Sounds like a great tour, Scottes. Would be very interested in learning more about the distilling process! Hope we can find a date that works for many!

S

We are confirmed for Saturday, April 19, at 4 PM. The tour itself is about 2 hours he said. Mon Kou afterwards.

J

The 19th it is! I'm in.

So how does this rum taste?
Never seen it.

R
Rain posted on Tue, Feb 19, 2008 7:41 AM

what's the RSVP deadline? I'd really like to go, but it'll depend on what's going on with school closer in.

S

ooooooooooo. I'd really like to go.

Suzanne

S

On 2008-02-19 07:41, Rain wrote:
what's the RSVP deadline? I'd really like to go, but it'll depend on what's going on with school closer in.

About a week before. I'll start reposting then to get a head count.

On 2008-02-18 21:08, Unga Bunga wrote:
So how does this rum taste?
Never seen it.

Definitely buccaneer-grade!

R
Rain posted on Tue, Feb 19, 2008 7:39 PM

About a week before. I'll start reposting then to get a head count.

schweeeeet. i may make it out to an event yet.

Don't think I can make April 19--that's Patriots' Day. (The good kind of patriots, not those losers that play in Foxoboro.)

Pappy, you running the marathon?

S

I thought Patriot's Day was always on a Monday?

26 miles? Have you see me? I'd get tired driving the Marathon.

April 19th is Anniversary of the Battle of Lexington & Concord. I'm gonna celebrate by blowing up the Statehouse. (That pineapple on top should land in the harbor!)

More power to ya pappy! Can I have your share of the samples?

19th works for me. And 4 pm is late enough in the day for someone to fish me out of the harbor... I'll be riding a pineapple if anyone wants to join me.

We'll be in this country April 19, at least, so maybe we'll tag along.

S

On 2008-02-20 11:15, Bargoyle wrote:
19th works for me. And 4 pm is late enough in the day for someone to fish me out of the harbor... I'll be riding a pineapple if anyone wants to join me.

Join you in the harbor? ha. You might have more company than you'd want if you do end up riding that pineapple...

Suzanne

S

On 2008-02-20 09:03, pappythesailor wrote:
(That pineapple on top should land in the harbor!)

That's a symbol of power in Onkonkuluku ya know.

POM-FIE!!!!!

B

I'm out. Had a prior commitment on the 19th that I flaked on.

Enjoy! Take lots of pics/notes & bring me samples!!!

On 2008-02-25 06:45, Bargoyle wrote:

Enjoy! Take lots of pics/notes & bring me samples!!!

Man, after a tour and samples, I don't know if I have the will power to leave the premises with anything! I can't speak for the others, but I may end up Homer Simpsoning the samples! ("Does this look like the face of a man who has had all he can [drink]")

Ok, it seems that there's a scheduling conflict with the Tiki Train & the Tew Tour (fastastic alliteration there huh?). Does this mean that the Tew Tour is going to be moved to a date when I am able to make it?

Or do the Mayor & I just need to schedule our own private tour for a date in the future. If thats the case, then Hey Mayor!! Lets see if they'll let us swim in the vats!!

S

I'll see what can be done...

J

I'm torn between the Train and the Tew tour as well. Looks like Scottes is already on it...

S

I'll be moving this one to another date. If that's not possible, I'll have to cancel it - at least for a while.

Too many people are going on the train, which is a much better idea.

B

Cool, thanks scottes.

Now i might be able to make the Tew Tour!!!!!

HC

Aloha! I'm excited that more of you might make the train...would not be the same without you all...hopefully all the links will be up tomorrow...rooms at b&bs can be had.. or there's a motel where Watiki's staying just up the road that would be better for late night festivities ...I'll check the place out tomorrow to see if it meets some basic standards....or I could just hide everyone amongst the racks of aloha wear in my shop!

S

From Brent:

"I have Saturday April 26th and Saturday May 3rd open."

Since the TikiTrain is the 19th, I vote for a week of rest and go hit Thomas Tew on May 3rd.

Yay? Nay?

J

I vote for May 3rd.

B

Well, the 26th is NETT Jr, so I'm not sure how much "rest" everyone is gonna get.

I'll throw my "Aye" in on the 3rd though

S

On 2008-03-25 06:28, Bargoyle wrote:
Well, the 26th is NETT Jr, so I'm not sure how much "rest" everyone is gonna get.

Should I push it off even more? 10th or 17th?

J

I have no problem bumping it out further Scottes. There's nothing going on in May so the tour would be something cool to look forward to.

S

The tour is now scheduled for 4pm on May 10th.

S

Are people still up for this?? I need a head count, so please reply. (Only 10 days away...)

S

I can't, I'll be in California.

Suzanne

B

I'm still in.

Suck-O-Rama, I've got a big show that evening early. Any way to push it back, or is it just gonna have to happen now, and maybe again later for those of us losers who can't make it?

S

Oooh, now the Mayor is onto something. Twice would be fabulous - I am very sorry to have to miss this! Any chance? 'Twould be awesome...

Suzanne

Weekends are better for me. Just give me the details. Are we all meeting up there?

J

Just seeing this now - my kids have a school play that night so I'm out unfortunately. May is a rough month for me.

I'm good to go.

S

This looks like it's going to get canceled, with only 2 that can make it...

Any more who can make it?

Pages: 1 2 51 replies