Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Brinley's Gold Rum; Washington DC

Pages: 1 2 replies

Anyone know of a liquor store in the DC area that carries Brinley's Gold Flavored rums?

R

In Southern MD, Montgomery County liquor stores seem to carry it - my store on Flower Avenue in Takoma Park usually has the vanilla in stock.
~Rupe

I live in Gaithersburg (Montgomery County) and I usually have to go to Kingsview (Germantown), Montgomery Village (Gaithersburg), Diamond Square (Gaithersburg), Muddy Branch (Gaithersburg), and Falls Grove (Rockville) to get the stuff I need.

Sometimes the stores get a stock and when they reorder, it takes for ever to come in. I think that's because no matter what is ordered, the county picks and choose who gets what based on some secret pecking order. If one particular store sells a lot of something, that doesn't mean they'll be high up on the reorder list. It just means they'll very possibly run out.

That happend to me at the Kingsview store. I used to get W&N White Overproof there. They ran out and had it on reorder for months. In the meantime, I found a large cache of it at Falls Grove. When I stopped in at Kingsview recently, they still didn't have any and the store clerk had never seen it since he'd been there.

Falls Grove ran out of W&N WO as well as Bols Orange Curaçao, so I had to go to Muddy Branch to get both of those. Only at Muddy branch, while they had the Bols Orange Curaçao, even though that had ordered W&N WO in 750s, the county sent the pints.

Be sure to call ahead before you think about going. Also, check their weekly sales online.

Pages: 1 2 replies