Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

MoonEyes Tiki Lamp (My Shameless Plug)

Pages: 1 8 replies

Okay, I swore I'd never do this, but it seems to have worked well for everyone in the past so here it goes...

I'm selling one of my Tiki Moon lamps on ebay. I had such a hard time finding one of these guys at the car shows that when I finally did find one, I bought the only two that the vendor had.
Now I had looked for this lamp since I saw it at a car show in August '99. Never saw another since. (And I go to a lot of big car shows annually!)
Yes, I looked on the net, I came up with one hit on a search engine and it was a Japaneese site and I could not read anything or even how much it was.

So, needless to say I was excited & bummed when I found that vendor at the same show in August '03, only to find that they had not brought the lamp with them. So I had to wait until November before I could track them down at a car show and pick up the only two they had.

I know, I know..it's not traditional Tiki. It's more for the tiki loving gearhead.
But if you're interested, here's the shamless spam plug:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3209902134&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Thanks!
-C.
:sheckymug:

T

I'm in.

Thanks Turbo!
Good luck!
-C.

Bump.

One day to go...:wink:

T

Oh Well! While I was upstairs converting the daybed back into a crib for the new addition I WAS SNIPED!

Turbo- Damn brother, I thought you had it! I don't know this buyer and really would have liked for you to have won this. At least I'd know he was going to a good home. There is some 'personal' comfort in knowing you sold somthing to a TC member.

I REALLY screwed up on the shipping though. My wife looked at a Prioity Shipping chart and gave that amount - come to find out when you calculate it, the shipping is almost double that amount. (Like $12.30!)

This is the second time I've sold on ebay and the second time I've lost my ass! I'm just gonna stick w/being the buyer.

And the buyer of this lamp is getting a hell of a deal because I paid $75 for mine and got the second one for $50. I'm loosing my ass I tell ya!

So, I'm really sorry you missed this Turbo, but thanks for the bid anyway. I appreciated it.

I'm going to go bang my head against the wall now.

Just went into Ebay and saw that I was high bidder for the Mooneyes Tiki lamp by Jimmy C. First I'd like to apologize to Turbogod for outbidding him. I hated to do that to a fellow TCer but I saw this lamp up on Ebay a month or so ago when it was first up for auction but I never got a chance to bid on it as I had to go out of town. When I saw it back on the auction block, I knew I had to have it. Second, I want 75Stingray to know that I wouldn't be able to sleep nights knowing you got screwed on the shipping and handling charge. I'll pay what it costs to ship it to California regardless of what you quoted me in Ebay. If it's $12.50 to ship it, $12.50 I'll pay. I love Tiki. I love Mooneyes. I love Acts and ch. 26, v. 8 is awesome. Pleasure doing business with you.

Quarter- I laughed my butt off when I saw your response! I had never seen you in here before. I am glad that the lamp is going to a "rightful" home.

I was trying to find some really, really good packaging stuff today. I never trust that USPS...been burned too many times.

As for the shipping, I sincerely appreciate it, but don't sweat it. I'll make my wife cover it because SHE is the one who would not get off the computer and let ME do the calculations. "I do this at my job all the time!" she said. Uh-hu...

And we're glad to have you on board TC. You should chime in more often so we know you!
I apologize for assuming that you were a non-tikicentralite.

Now I will go pull my head out of my...wait, thats my foot out of my mouth.
The pleasure is all mine. Thanks for the bid!

-C.
:sheckymug:

T

No problem here. I'm glad a TCer got it also. Keeps it close.

Pages: 1 8 replies