Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any info about Bahama Joe's, Vero Beach, FL?

Pages: 1 1 replies

M

Growing up in the 80's I summered in Vero Beach, FL and remember eating frequently at a tropical/nautical themed restaurant named Bahama Joe's. I distinctly remember crossing a bridge to enter where you crossed a lava rock outcropping with a stream and waterfalls. Does anyone have information about the place? A google search turned up the fact that it was previously was known as "The Hut", which sounds promising, but that was about all I could find. I am relatively sure it is closed, but haven't been back in a while so would be curious to know what happened to the place.

I am origioanally from Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale and as a youth in the early to mid 80's I also used to take trips to Vero Beach which is about 2-2 1/2 hrs away. My grandparents always used to take me to Bahama Joe's. It was a free standing shack looking building with great seafood and steaks. Not tiki, but very cool tropical vibe kind of like an old school origional version of the now popular chain restaurant here in Florida called Bahama Breeze. I wonder if I can ask my grandmother if she has any pics of Bahama Joe's? Aaron

Pages: 1 1 replies