Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Rum and cigars at De La Concha, NYC, March 13

Pages: 1 14 replies

Another reason for the NYC crew to get out and have some fun! Rum and cigars at De La Concha, NYC, March 13

I got a newsletter from The Polished Palate, mentioning what sounds like a fun event on March 13th in New York City. Here's an excerpt from a reply to an inquiry I made about the event:

It's actually a co-promotion between AVO Cigars and Clement Rhums. Clement has 2 brands: Clement and JM, both are exceptional and have several marks and ageings to sip 'of'.

It'll be at the De La Concha Store located at 1390 Avenue of the Americas (between 56th and 57th).

Here's an online version of the newsletter (the links to the events are broken at the moment, which is why I sent them an email):
http://tinyurl.com/2ana3b

In. Its been like several days since the ohana has gathered. We miss you guys!

I'm there. This is a few blocks from me!

Just wanted to give this the ol' bump to see who's interested. I'll be there, and it's a few blocks from my place, so we'll probably end up there.

Barring any complications or disasters, one or both of us will be there!
~gina

more details starting to emerge....

I called the shop holding the event. The event is primarily to introduce a new cigar from Davidoff, but there will also be passed appetizers and rums to sip. There are not too many details about the rums right now - the person I spoke with had been away from the shop for a couple of weeks and was not clear on the details.

Anyway, the shop is on 6th avenue between 56 and 57th. The event starts at 8pm and the cost is $30, which includes one of the new cigars, the food and the rums, whatever they are (presumably Rhum Clement products).

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2008-03-11 11:58 ]

I can't go, but I'm trying to get CaptainQuad to do it. He's having a miserable week at work and could use something like this.

I can't go, but I'm trying to get CaptainQuad to do it. He's having a miserable week at work and could use something like this.

Aww. Then the good Captain and all others in the area should come for a swig and a few puffs. Nothing too painful, since it is a schoolnight after all, but a brief stopover on the weeklong treadmill. Maybe we'll make some new friends among the non-TC enthusiasts out there.

On 2008-03-11 14:04, velveteenlounge wrote:

Weeeeelll, nothing I can't handle if'n I can find more ammunition. New stogies and old rum? I'm in.
Cap

I'm thinking we should start at my place for drinks and munchies beforehand. I'm thinking around 6:00. 211 W 56th ST, Apt 34A.

Any takers?

I'm thinking we should start at my place for drinks and munchies beforehand. I'm thinking around 6:00. 211 W 56th ST, Apt 34A.

Sound good to me! I may not be able to make it up there quite by 6, but I'll be on my way.

Sounds good Ray! Thanks for always hosting us in the space-age pad!

On 2008-03-12 06:26, Urban Tiki wrote:

Any takers?

Works for me and thanks for mixing sir. I ought to be able to make it by 6:30 or so, depending on how long it takes to set fire to everything on my desk. Shouldn't be a problem.

Urban Tiki you're so sweet to do this! If everything goes according to plan (and I finish this mosaic) I'm going to be at the AMNH and can actually be on time for a change. :) PM or email me if you'd like me to pick anything up.

Cap'n, do you need some matches and/or an acccelerant? I hear that Bacardi works quite nicely....(sorry to hear that the lovely Velveteen Lounge won't be joining us.)

On 2008-03-12 06:26, Urban Tiki wrote:

Any takers?

On 2008-03-12 11:47, Martiki-bird wrote:
Cap'n, do you need some matches and/or an acccelerant? I hear that Bacardi works quite nicely....(sorry to hear that the lovely Velveteen Lounge won't be joining us.)

Hrm, well I thought I was ok but if'n you have some 151 to spare that does ignite really easily. Sterno is even better, as it sticks to everything, makes a nice firebomb. But I digress. It is a damn shame VL can't make it but after all the sweatshop runs 12 hours a day. I'll do my best to represent.

Pages: 1 14 replies