Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Woody's Hot rod beach

Pages: 1 12 replies

Here is a painting I just finished on aluminum is 20"X32" I used all solvent based paints. It the classic Hot rod tiki theme. I think the idea goes back as far as the Ed Roth days and the early 60's beat-nick scene. I have seen many versions of this idea and this is just my take on it. Hope you like it.... Aloha Dennis Mathewson

Heres a detail shot

Also here is the original drawing as well as the painting process Lots of Airbrush and brush work was done.

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing. Nice website. Your carvings are very nice as well. :drink:

[ Edited by: Savage Daddy 2008-02-24 15:51 ]

Very Cool.....I dig the tiki tread on the rear tires, cool idea....This turned out very nice....Great work!!!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 24, 2008 4:46 PM

Awesome work mate, and welcome to TC :D I stumbled across your website a couple years back, man I love the beetles that you have painted - very nice work! Great carvings too! Look forward to hearing and seeing more from you.

Really, Really nice!!

C

that is absolutely awesome

TS

Incredible...Thats All I can say...

Q
QPQ posted on Thu, Feb 28, 2008 9:47 AM

That's great Dennis - I love the Tiki's playing cards as well.

Looking forward to being in Honolulu the end of May.

Take care,
Ron

Cool piece, Dennis... It has a cool Von Franco vibe to it. I've never been able to do much with airbrush, so I admire that!

I remember when you first posted and I knew you would be delivering some cool stuff. Thanks for Delivering this piece is very cool. All the small details push it over the top. Please post more!!

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. I paint a lot of tiki stuff all the time being in Hawaii its always been popular. But now it seems to be world wide for sure. I travel lots teaching airbrush and custom painting classes all over the world and everywhere I go I have them paint tiki or torches or something along that line. They all know it and love it too. Here is something I just finished all though its not tiki its still Island themed art I hope you like them as well. They are also on metal as well and all airbrush and brush painted with solvent base colors.
Aloha for now.

Pages: 1 12 replies