Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Cocktail Time! my latest project started...

Pages: 1 8 replies

Boy, I haven't checked in here in a while and I'm amazed at all of the great work being done lately!
I started this hula girl in another thread, but I haven't picked her up since before Christmas.
Since then I've decided to use her in another way. I'm going to make a wall clock!

Here is the idea my daughter helped me sketch out. The clock will be a bit larger and I haven't decided if I will use a clock face or put the numbers right on the surface. Also I think the bamboo frame will be thinner. I think the background will be a solid burnt orange color, but I will probably change my mind on that too.

Here again is the rough sketch of the girl.

I'm a bit further along than this pic would show.

And lastly, my 6 year old, Brendan, heard me talking about this project and decided to give me his own version on a post-it note!

I'm hoping to get this finished sooner than later, I've been really slacking lately.
If anyone is interested in purchasing this, let me know right away and I can make sure the background will be a color or design of your liking.

Mahalo for looking!

This is a better place with Finkdaddy. Nice to see you again and the
clock is a cool idea.

S

Sweet beans! your keeping improving this concept.
Love your little girls drawing.

I love this line of pendants your doin' up, Finkster. Ultra original, Ultra cool~

B

Finky, It's About Time you showed back up and with such a beauty. With her I guess you'll be forgiven but if you had shown up empty handed/ I.. dunno! :lol: :lol: SHe looks Great. HAppy Happy

H

Looking sweet Finky, and about bloody time you were posting again! :D :D :D

C

Oh cool!

T

Looks like another fantastic design. Love the sketches by your kids! You got a talented brood over there. :)

H
harro posted on Fri, Feb 29, 2008 9:41 AM

great to see the return of this sleek and sexy character, in yet another new and different form.

look forward to more pics!!

Pages: 1 8 replies