Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

anything Tiki In Toronto?

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hey All, sorry if this has been asked before.
But I can never get the Search function to gimme any usable results.

if some all ready exist,
just post the thread links.

thanks
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think there is a newish Tikiish bar and also a large pink Moai if I remember correctly.
Otherwise make sure you check out the "Bovine Sex Club"(best Bar name ever), the Horseshoe is a good Bar too, say hi to Ted from Anjy & Jamie if you do go.

Hey Cheekytiki

I actually finally figured out the search function properly.

I saw the thing about the Giant Pink Moai,

and my friends have told me about the Vaguely tiki bar.
I heard its pretty bad, but maybe I'll see it.

what are the 2 clubs you mention like?

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

"The Horseshoe" is a Bar and venue, has some of the best bands playing there, as i remember The Stones use it as a warm up venue for their tours.
"Bovine Sex Club" is a knd of Goth/rock/burlesque'y kind of joint that's a definate experience and worth a quick drink, next door is acafe called "Shanghai Cowgirl" thats kind of cool too.
I don't know the Tiki bar, it opened after I had been.

thank you sir, will try to look all them up.
I will only be there 5 days, and 2 of those nights will be for surf bands shows. So that gives me 3 nights.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T
Tabu posted on Sat, Mar 8, 2008 7:02 AM

If it's not to late check out The Cadillac Lounge on Queen St. W. Cool rockabilly bar and club. Massive patio in the summer. Open all afternoon. Can't miss the big pink Cadillac over the door.
The one Tiki-ish bar was Sutra, it is now a BBQ wing joint. The Horseshoe is the coolest venue in the city. Amazing history. The Stones do use it as a warm up show. They have also used the El Macombo. Toronto has tons of nightlife but sadly no Tiki for some time.

Tabu,
thanks for the Info,
I will be there from June 5th to June 10th.
mainly for this 2 night event;
http://www.myspace.com/thegreatlakessurfbattle

one night is at the Cadillac Lounge, and one night at Rancho Relaxo.

Hope any of the Toronto Tiki/surf people come out for that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tikifish lives there. She might know a few interesting spots. Get yourself a mai tai on a stick.

T

Jeff,

My wife Shanna just returned from a two week work trip from Toronto. I was told that the locals call it Toronta. Don't not sure why. I had her looking for anything tiki since we plan to go back during TO8. If you are going within a month plan to leave our sandals at home and buy some snow boots. There is a great pub she went to and purchased a shirt for me called Steam whistle brewery. Again not tiki but for wife who doesn't like beer like myself loved the place.

Does anybody have the address for where the Giant Pink Moai is?

thanks in advance.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have been to the moai,
will post pics soon,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 10 replies