Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Viva Las Vegas 2008

Pages: 1 25 replies

Anyone going to Viva Las Vegas this year? Mr. TikiGoddess and I will be going, we've never been before and we are looking forward to it.

We are...

See you at Sweetpea's Meet & Greet!

Liz & Chris

TS

I'll be there. I've been promoting it locally going on 4 years now. Its alot of fun, just dont forget you wallets and/or purses...There is alot to do in Vegas, and alot of cool vendors at the show.

I'll be there. In fact, I've got a little cocktail party planned. :wink:

[i]On 2008-02-28 09:59, Tom Slick wrote:[/ just dont forget you wallets and/or purses...There is alot to do in Vegas, and alot of cool vendors at the show.

I am interested in hopefully picking up some tiki mugs. When do the vendors start selling? Thurs nite? or do I have to wait til Fri? Thanks in advance for any info.

S

YAY YAY YAY
Not far way now!
Flyer should be done this week and postcards will be sent out.
if anyone here wants one sent in the mail, gimme a holler, and I'll add ya on the mailing list.
YAY!
Can't wait to see everyone!
Pea

oh yeah, shopping starts Thursday!

6:00pm - 2:00am VENDORS AZ ROOM
12:00pm - 12:00am VENDORS CA ROOM
6:00pm - ? VENDORS ORLEANS ROOM

S

SF

I'll have a booth over at the Orleans hotel.
Stop by and say hi.

Definitely check out Swamp Fire and Happy Chi in the Toulouse Room at the Orleans! Somebody bring those kids a drink - they'll deserve it and need it!

The Mrs (Kim) and I will be there!! Can't wait!

The Hooch N Smooch is a must and definitely check out Java's soiree; last years was an absolute hoot.

See ya there!

S

hmmm, hey, I decided to sell some stuff on cafe press
to help fund the hooch and smooch,
feel free to go buys some stuff! hehehehe
See y'all in 2 weeks!!!
http://www.cafepress.com/sweetpea0821

[ Edited by: sweetpea 2008-03-25 14:36 ]

M

Inkylouise and I are locals-we can't wait for this weekend!

N
NOTCH posted on Mon, Apr 7, 2008 9:23 PM

This year Kubar, Kahaka and Myself will be there serving drinks to the thirsty crowd
and I'd like to Invite the TC OHANA to come by anytime for some cocktails and Its going to be one
heck of a good time..
see yall there!!!
Notch

Just putting the final touches to the packing...

Looking forward to meeting some of the faces behind the TC posts!

Liz & Chris

On 2008-04-07 21:23, NOTCH wrote:
This year Kubar, Kahaka and Myself will be there serving drinks to the thirsty crowd
and I'd like to Invite the TC OHANA to come by anytime for some cocktails and Its going to be one heck of a good time.. see yall there!!!
Notch

May be a good meet spot is the car show tiki bar on Saturday? For TC folks without a VLV wristband, it's accessible.

Can't wait to see the tiki bar again NOTCH! I've been to three Viva's but not in the last 3 years. I've always looked forward to getting a drink form you guys at the car show!

On 2008-04-08 05:35, 54 house of bamboo wrote:

On 2008-04-07 21:23, NOTCH wrote:
and I'd like to Invite the TC OHANA to come by anytime for some cocktails and Its going to be one heck of a good time.. see yall there!!!
Notch

May be a good meet spot is the car show tiki bar on Saturday? For TC folks without a VLV wristband, it's accessible.

Great idea. What about at noon? I forgot the secret handshake to let others know youre TC Ohana...is it a 3 Stooges slap on the forehead?

ZAZZ!

Leaving at noon today. Can't wait.

Well, how was it?

The scene has changed....a lot.
I wasn't expecting to hear hip hop in the car show parking lot....Or see Dr Dre style hydrolics on low riders... Rockabilly weekender, right......hmmm....

On 2008-04-14 22:47, Luckydesigns wrote:
The scene has changed....a lot.
I wasn't expecting to hear hip hop in the car show parking lot....Or see Dr Dre style hydrolics on low riders... Rockabilly weekender, right......hmmm....

wow sad sad sad,

did you happen to catch any of the 3 surf bands playing?
Dynotones, Aquasonics or Volcanics?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I saw Aquasonics who were excellent, very enjoyable.

I saw the Aquasonics too. They were flawless. Everything from Mr. Moto to Apache to K-39.... Good stuff. Not a bad note the whole time. Entertaining too.

I did not hear one lousy band at the entire festival, all of the bands were top notch, ace, boss! I luckily did not hear the rap at the car show thank goodness. And to add a bit of tiki to this post, I bought Beachbum Berry's Sippin Safari from one of the VLV vendors and it is AWESOME!! Im gonna be busy this weekend trying new libations and listening to all of the rockabilly cds I bought.

Pages: 1 25 replies