Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Polynesian Resturants near Burbank, Ca

Pages: 1 2 replies

B

Hey guys I'm from Burbank, California and I was wondering if there were any good polynesian resturants around my area. I know about bahooka and have read about damons ribs, but I have yet to locate a resturant with a polynesian menu.

If anyone has any insight please fill me in.

thanks

I am afraid that a "Polynesian menu" is not really en vogue in the Restaurant industry anymore, especially in larger metropolitan areas. You are quite fortunate to have a place like Damon's in Glendale that still has the decor...though it always was a steak house.

PS.: In case you are looking for a place with ACTUAL cuisine from Polynesia, not the American/Chinese invention called "Polynesian": Such a thing never existed on the mainland.

There is a complete guide to American Tiki restaurants called "Tiki Road Trip", you can pick it up at 8 Ball on Magnolia. :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-28 20:02 ]

P

Yeah, Sven is right. There are not Tiki themed restaurants that serve Polynesian food. The closest thing to Tiki that you are going to find in Burbank is Damon's. The closest thing you are going to find to Polynesian food is Hawaiian. Look for an L&L or Ono Hawaiian BBQ or some other Hawaiian restaurant. It will not be tiki but who knows, there may be a tiki or two there.

It is not in Burbank, but there is also Coco d'Amour restaurant in Simi Valley. They claim to have a menu "inspired" by French Polynesian cuisine (ie, Tahitian). Not Tiki, either, but I hear that the food is quite good.

Pages: 1 2 replies