Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber to open in Waikiki

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

"From the first time I rode a wave at Canoes on Waikiki I began to figure out how I could get back to Hawaii on a more regular basis to that One Particular Harbour," says Jimmy. "I'm not the first nor will I be the last traveler to do so, but now with the partnership of the great folks at Outrigger Hotels, I have realized my dream and we will soon be open in Waikiki. I have had a long love affair with Hawaii and her people. Mark Twain called these 'the loveliest fleet of islands anchored in any ocean' and I couldn't agree more. I have written many stories and songs inspired by my time in Hawaii and can't wait to see what the future holds in the land that is so far but yet so near. Mahalo."

Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber will be opening late in 2008 with an island-inspired menu featuring seafood, burgers and other regional favorites. Open air lanais, specially designed tropical decor, the Hot Spot Bar and live evening entertainment will welcome visitors in laid back style.

Aloha!

Edited to note: All of the above is a quotation from the "latest news" section of http://www.margaritaville.com at the time of this writing

[ Edited by: Thomas 2008-03-01 08:41 ]

TS

Get those Blenders and rock salt ready Hawaii! :lol:

T

Exactly!
Like, now there's finally a reason to go to Hawaii!
:lol:

On 2008-02-29 12:00, Thomas wrote:
Exactly!
Like, now there's finally a reason to go to Hawaii!
:lol:

Thomas, did Jimmy put you up to this?
Jimmy? Is that you? I heard you might be lurking here.
When you open this location will you please perform" Thank God The tiki Bar is open"?
I can arrange for a friend to video record and post it on You Tube so we can all see it.
Thomas, since you are going, can you snap a few stills ?
Thanks

T

On 2008-02-29 12:19, Ojaitimo wrote:

Yikes! My cover is blown! :lol:

Actually the plan is to blast "Cheeseburger in Paradise" at ultra-high volume, with the treble way up, on a continuous playback loop, all day on opening day. For special effect we will use a live version in which my voice goes flat when I scream the chorus.

H

On 2008-02-29 14:37, Thomas wrote:
On 2008-02-29 12:19, Ojaitimo wrote:

Yikes! My cover is blown! :lol:

Actually the plan is to blast "Cheeseburger in Paradise" at ultra-high volume, with the treble way up, on a continuous playback loop, all day on opening day. For special effect we will use a live version in which my voice goes flat when I scream the chorus.

Welcome to TC Jimmy! Thanks for "coming out". Will you consider starting a new thread titled "Ask Jimmy Buffett"? I'm sure there are many people here that have questions for you. It has good entertainment potential. Looking forward.

K
Kenike posted on Sat, Mar 1, 2008 8:21 AM

On 2008-02-29 01:29, Thomas wrote:
...specially designed tropical decor...

What exactly does that mean?

T
Thomas posted on Sat, Mar 1, 2008 8:41 AM

By the way, the entire text of my post opening this thread is a quotation. I didn't write it, it's from the "latest news" section of margaritaville.com (at the time of this writing). I should made this clear in the first place. I have done so now using "edit.""Specially designed tropical decor" -- I know, I was wondering about that too. Pretty vague PR-speak, though I guess it can be translated as "custom-made."

Tropical decor in Hawaii? Who would have thought? Now, Arctic decor, that would be unique.

O

So does this mean there won't be a "Ask Jimmy Buffet" thread JB? I had some great questions for you too! :(

Wildsville, could you please talk to your friend here. I think I pissed him off with the Yamamoto thing.

Pages: 1 8 replies