Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

ad music

Pages: 1 9 replies

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:08 ]

Describe the commerical. There's multiple V8 ads I believe.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:08 ]

sounds like theme from "a man and woman" which i believe was a french film?

That would make sense since both feature a man and a woman, and their different eating tastes. Wonder what the chances are my friend who does a Stage and Screen radio show would have it...

The movie Une Homme et Une Femme (A Man & A Woman) was the 1966 Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Film.
Francis Lai wrote the hit score (and also won an award for the 1970's Love Story score) and it was directed by Claude LeLouch.

Released on vinyl in 1966, the Japanese reissued it on CD in 1997. The price is outrageous, but then so is the music. You will NEVER find better music for makin' whoopie!

I found it here on Amazon...

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2003-03-06 11:41 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:15 ]

I have not seen the commerical but if it's "A man and a woman", then there's a ton of different versions of it.

An "exotica" version of it can be found on "Paradise Found", an exotica compilation that I review here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/music/savage.htm#paradisefound

That version of it has some asian talking in it.

There's also a version of it on the Ultra-lounge series (mixed in with with Live For Life) on the Mondo Hollywood CD. And Oranj Symphonette have a version of it too.

Those are the 3 versions I have of it.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-03-13 16:28 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:26 ]

D

Un Homme Et Une Femme is great to wash your clothes to (I guess)! I swear everytime I have been in a laundromat that song gets played! There is something about those little boxes of detergent and Un Homme Et Une Femme that seem to go together!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-03-13 21:54 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies