Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

coconut collection unearthed from 1986 expo worlds fair

Pages: 1 3 replies

now im not sure if any of you out there collect coconut monkeys or not or even cosider them tiki. but i do and have a decent selection. now the other day i went to my local thrift store for my junk fix and lo and behold they had a ukelele playing coconut monkey !!! to much my surprise i grabbed him and ran... the girl stopped me before paying and she asked if i had seen the other ones.. i said no and she pointed to the back wall were there were row upon row of coconut bird houses drink/change holders/ and guitar playing monkeys!!! it was a whole army well to my stupidity and i guess greed i said how much if i took them all ? needless to say we worked out a deal and she says that includes the ones in the back tooo ....... eeeeeishhh!!!! the wife wasnt happy with me!!! but heres pics! and if yer looking for some lemme know :wink:

What a find!!

Are any of them actually meant for drinking out of, or are they all only decorative?

D

hokey smokes! all those bags are coconuts you purchased?

woofmutt does a great job transforming coconut monkies into even BETTER coconut monkeys. Monkey Makeovers:

coconutmonkey of the dead
coconut snow monkey

time to get crafty!

hmmmm you could drink out of the little hawaii coconuts with a base but the monkeys are all banks that skeleton guy is way coool the other has a star stand maybe there card holders or ????

Pages: 1 3 replies