Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

SOLD OUT! Seattle Area Home Bar Tour 2008, July 18th & 19th

Pages: 1 22 replies

Aloha, Folks!
The third annual Seattle Area Home Bar Tour will be taking place on Friday & Saturday, July 18th & 19th.

DAY ONE
4pm: Meet N Greet and Vending* at Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge. Between 4pm & 5pm ticket reservationists are expected to arrive to sign in and receive their Aloha bags (though I understand if some of you cannot make it directly at this time -- e.g., just got off work, traffic, etc). There will be DJed music throughout (Exotica, Latin, Surf, Hawaiian, Pop Jazz, Calypso, etc.). Appetisers and tropical drinks will be served. Vending will continue until 6pm, possibly a little later.

6pm: Backyard BBQ, followed by giveaways

7.30pm: Slide Show of Tiki Bars, Past and Present by Jeffrey Cook

9pm: Live, debut performance from Seattle's 'The Band From U.N.C.L.E.'

Evening will continue to 'til it fizzles out round midnight.

DAY TWO (The Tour)
4.30pm: Meet up at Lincoln Park in West Seattle (in the main parking lot along Fauntleroy Way)

5pm: Bus departs Lincoln Park

In the interim 4 Seattle area home bars will be visited, with an approximate 45 minute stop at each. Tropical libations and appetisers will be served at each stop.

The Ship Aground
The Castaway Lounge
Paradise Beach
The Shrunken Head Lounge

11pm: Bus returns to Lincoln Park

*There is no fee to vend, only the purchase of a ticket, but there are a couple conditions, and only so many places available. Please contact me in advance.

To reserve a ticket, please submit $50/ticket via Paypal to [email protected]. As always, with the exception of a natural disaster, these tickets are non-refundable.

Cheers and Mahalo!

-Terence.

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-06-20 19:39 ]

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-06-30 11:23 ]

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-07-01 12:06 ]

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-07-09 12:43 ]

We will be there! Been looking forward to it since the last one! Now where did I put that fez?....

I'm pleased to announce that Lynette Wylie of Seattle's 'Island Life' store is on board as a contributor, sponsor, and all round inspired and inspirational comrade of this year's Seattle Area Home Bar Tour. We've got some great curios and limited edition items for the Tour folks, as well as a special gift for each of the home bar owners!

Ticket reservations for the event are filling up more quickly than expected, so get yours today!

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-04-28 09:05 ]

Update: This year's live entertainment will be provided by Seattle's newest Lounge/Pop Instrumental group, The Band From U.N.C.L.E., this in its second incarnation making its debut performance. As well, after the backyard BBQ, local artist Jeffrey Cook will be presenting a non-comprehensive slide show of Tiki bars, past and present.

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-04-17 05:52 ]

S

alrighty, gotta git my ticket!!!
Pea

we are so there. Ready for another fun time with the localz of the tiki persuasion

S

you still got sum tickets?
And do we know about what time and where the Saturday
festivities will commence? wheee, thanks!
Pea

[ Edited by: sweetpea 2008-05-29 09:36 ]

Tickets for the event are still available. See updated initial post of this thread for further information. Official and final information for the event will be sent out via email to all the ticket reservationists two weeks prior the event.

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-06-03 13:30 ]

I should mention that one of the later stops on the home bar tour on the 19th has a jacuzzi and swimming pool, should anyone wish to take a dip or get their toes wet. Don't forget your towel!

Update: the meet up time in Lincoln Park on the 19th will be 4.30-4.45pm, and the bus will leave promptly at 5pm. The bus will return to Lincoln Park by 11pm.

I get to go YEAA!!!!!!!

As of this evening, only 10 tickets left!

S

Hope one of them is for me, because I just paypal'd ya!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Can't wait!
Pea

need one more, pleeeez

There's a few 'pending spots' left, but I can and will no longer wait, as there are people interested in your spots. Please submit payment for ticket reservations, as the Tour spots are nearly filled, and as this is a private, limited-capacity event. When the spots are filled, the event's sold out!

SOLD OUT! The capacity has been filled.

I have one ticket for the tiki tour (unless someone has an extra for sale for my guest)...

thanks

kevin
[email protected]

509-630-5222

This event gets better and better every year.

Many thanks to all the people who let us into their homes to ogle their stuff, eat their food and drink their booze.

Personal thanks to Michelle and Liza who helped with the food at Pete's house. THANK YOU girls for jumping in and helping.

Also thanks to Terence for putting this together every year.

B

SOOOOO much fun! The entire event was a BLAST! I met so many people who were just the greatest and look forward to next summers' event! Bravo Terence! And a special bravo to all the homeowners who dared to open their doors to such a crazy bunch! Excellent food, excellent drinks and excellent company! Hope everyone made it home in one piece! Looking forward to all the pictures (and the mag article!). I'll post a link to my pics once they're downloaded.

A few photos below. More here

At the Ship Aground (and no wonder, with Sweet Pea at the wheel)

The Band from U.N.C.L.E. in the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge

The typical range of emotions under the influence of Voodoo Punch

I think this was some sort of magic show

Jeff crying in horror just before being consumed by a ravenous Sweet Pea

Living the lush life

J

A huge Thank You to all our wonderful hosts: Pete, Dan & Michelle, Andy & Elizabeth, Josh, and of course Terence.

Also many Thanks to The Band From U.N.C.L.E., Jeffrey Cook and everyone else who helped to make this another very memorable event.

Here are photos Marlow and I took at the Seattle Home Bar Tour event.

I'm sending a link to a teaser page with a few photos which has a link at the bottom to my Flickr Set with all 236 photos, which you can view in Flickr as a slideshow or click on "ALL SIZES" over each pic to view at huge and huger sizes. The Flickr Set description info also has a link to 3 Youtube videos I've posted of the fab tunage of The Band From U.N.C.L.E. performing at Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge on Friday night. Click the Link at the bottom of this post to find all the other photos and videos !

Enjoy! Hope to see you soon.

Jo David

http://tinyurl.com/HomeBarTour2008

I had a GREAT time. Thanks to all the hosts, sponsors, and especially Terrence for putting it all together...Here are some lo-res versions of my favorite pix from the event. Let me know if you'd like a higher-res-and-suitable-for-printing version of anything at [email protected]...

Thanks to all!

Kevin

From finish to start...

A little on the late side but I don't recall it being referenced here on TC: a very well done video/camera-cam montage special of The Seattle Home Bar Tour 2008, compliments of Marlow Harris and JoDavid. I was very impressed with this visual package and representation and hope you are, too! Enjoy!

http://seattletwist.com/seattle-home-lounge-tour-video/

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-12-14 13:32 ]

Pages: 1 22 replies