Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Collecting mini rum bottles

Pages: 1 1 replies

I buy and collect minibottles of some of those rums i want to try but not want to buy a big expensive bottle before i have tried it. And then i like to sometimes when i can find it, collect old bottles of rum because i like the way those old bottles look, and because i´`m curious how the rum will taste.

Sometimes it doesn´t taste very good but other times it can be a real surprise, like a 60 year old Lemon Hart i bought, it had a surprisingly deep and round taste which make me wonder if that`s how the old Lemon Harts used to taste in the old era..

I compared it to my other 20 year old Lemon Hart which has a similar taste to the one you can find now. Its the 80 proof Jamaicans I`m talking about. My "modern" big bottle tastes good, the 20 year old tastes less good but similar and the 60 year old tastes fantastic.

Does anyone else here collect mini bottles?

[ Edited by: Little fragrant Tiare 2008-03-03 11:19 ]

I often buy the little bottles from EBAY for the same reason which you do. I drink them, too! After I have tasted a particular rum of a certain era, I'll try to find more if I liked it. Every so often, my friends and I will make up some "vintage" cocktails using the old rum. So far, it's been a lot of fun.

Pages: 1 1 replies