Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is there still a Beverly Hills Trader Vics?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hi,

I went to the Trader Vics website and the Beverly Hills location is not listed under their worlwide restaurant locations. I found the page on their website with the address and contact information through Google but that could mean that it's an old page that just hasn't been removed yet. Can anyone confirm it's still there? Wasn't there one near Century City or is Beverly Hills where they moved to?

Going down to LA this weekend. Potentially trying to book dinner for my old co-workers at the Beverly Hills Trader Vics.

Will also be trying to visit Tiki Ti (less the old co-workers) and maybe Rock-A-Hula? We haven't really explored Tiki in LA before so any suggetions are appreciated and if anyone wants to meet up with us on either Friday or Saturday night please feel free to PM me.

XOXO

Melissa

G

The short answer is no. It's closed. Gone. Kaput. There is, however, a Trader Vic's poolside lounge at the Beverly Wilshire that was opened last year.

For the long sordid story, read THIS and THIS.

Well, let's just say it is a matter of perspective. Those who treasure true Tiki are so appalled at the Tiki-Lite version that the new Trader Vic's pool Lounge represents that it practically is a non-existent entity to them. Other say the cocktails are fine, and if you have business associates that have no clue about Tiki, it might just be what the doctor ordered: A non-challenging social gathering place that appears "stylish" to Beverly Hills professionals and tourists alike. :)

But please lets not start a FOURTH Trader-Vic's-thread-that-never-dies here, or this board will become "Trader Vic's Central"!

H

Retrodiva, you can go to the "New" T.V. located at the same Hotel except by the poolside. It is a great poolside bar that serves original TV drinks. If you like make reservations at Circa 55, this is the Hilton Restaurant connected to the pool bar. You can also order food by the poolside. "Just the facts, Sven". :D

Yah Yah, I've heard that one before! :)

H

The passing of the original Trader Vic at the Beverly Hilton is sadly noted, but the hotel itself is still an oasis of charm and elegance. The gracious lobby and professional staff keeps an old tradition alive. The new, poolside Trader Vic will never replace what once was, but in it's own right, it should be celebrated. The career bartenders still mix the classic cocktails and the hotel guests keep a vigil over memories of things past.

We sat at the bar tonight, lulled by an early Southern California spring breeze and a full yellow moon above. Glasses clinked, couples laughed and the waters of the pool glimmered under soft flood lights.

Not everything new need be scorned.

Pool side ain't so bad
Drinks are good

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-04 00:58 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies