Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tampa - International Rum Festival - Mar 27-29, 2008

Pages: 1 4 replies

We'll be going to the International Rum Festival held in Ybor city at the end of the month. Friday the 28th we'll be attending the rum bbq event at Gaspars Grotto ($35 dinner & rum samples), and Saturday we'll be going to the tasting event at the Cuban Club (looks like 100+ rums this year, $35 normal, $50 vip).

Anyone feel like joining in for Friday and/or Saturday night?!? Last year was a good time, where we first tasted Vizcaya VXOP (now one of our favorites), along with Khukri, one of the two rums that we put in our chili that won a cookoff competition last year. I can't wait to see what they have this year.

Let me know if you're planning to go, we'll pick a time and spot to meet up!

oh, here's a link: http://www.polishedpalate.com/events/irf/2008/

-adrian

Did all the rum drinkers pass out from too much grog? :)

-adrian

Oh, hell, no! I'm still figuring out if I can get the time off work.
Will at least try for the big tasting on Saturday.
Rum convention? Sound like heaven and the danger zone all in the same place. :drink:

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2008-03-07 18:02 ]

lunch at columbia restaurant today w/mojitos and sangria. heading to rum bbq at gaspars in a bit!

-adrian

How were the events? As the week grew closer, I looked at my schedule and budget and realized it was not going to happen.

That and I needed to cover at work for the crew chief who got horrid food poisoning Thursday night. That sealed the no-go.

Hope it was grand. Bummer to miss it.

Pages: 1 4 replies