Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Phoenix, AZ Polynesian-esque A-frame home $97,000

Pages: 1 7 replies

F

For anyone out there looking for a mid-century A-frame house in Phoenix, AZ, this fix-up could very well be the steal of the century. It has some fire damage, a green lagoon pool, no kitchen, no flooring, a leaky roof, etc.

It may already have offers on it, but I thought I'd share this find. It is a lender-owned property that sold in 2005 for $269,000. I am not the listing agent, but viewed this property over the weekend and thought this would be the perfect audience for a property of this style. I fear someone will buy it for the large lot and possibly demo the place.

MLS Listing

If anyone is interested in seeing the property and isn't working with a Realtor, feel free to give me a call.

Jennifer Hibbard, Realtor, ABR, GRI, B.S. Marketing
The Real Estate Twins Team
RE/MAX Achievers
602-908-5801
http://www.TheRealEstateTwins.com

D

Wow, I can see the tiki potential right off the bat. BUT (and its a big But), if you go to the real estate web site and read the description of the property, it is is really bad shape and may actually require close to another $100K to bring it back. With prices still free falling in the Phoenix area, it may not be a good investment. But it sure would make a killer tiki swank pad.

T

Such A Deal !!!

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Mar 6, 2008 5:51 PM

DO NOT TAKE CHILDREN UNDER 18 ONTO THIS PROPERTY-- some damage from an old fire is evident--

YIKES! We're talking major fix-er-up. Still...the possibilities are endless (based on the pic above). But the housing market being the way it is these days I don't have high hopes. :(

probably cheaper in the long run to just duplicate the place from the ground up by buying an empty lot in the city of your choice and starting fresh....prices are cheap and falling everywhere.

the last thing you want to do is inhereit someone elses problems (i.e. fire damage)....you'll sleep better in a new construction house.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-03-07 09:46 ]

I ended up buying this houses sister on Altadena down the street! Its a very unique home considering its location. The current owners of the blue one above did a great job remodeling their home and I am now starting a remodel project on mine. Check out pictures of my house just like this one including interior pics before I bought it at http://www.a-framehouse.com

[ Edited by: phoenixaframe 2012-09-17 22:19 ]

wow lovely but needs a lot of work!

yes, it is a very lovely home and needs tons of work! Keep in mind that I have actually lived in this home for 3 years and haven't had the money to really do anything with the house. Now is the time and I am very excited about the project. I am hoping to start things up around November. There will be many more pics to come on the website!

Pages: 1 7 replies