Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Vintage 50's & 60's Mirrored shadow boxes make great Tiki display cases Post your photos here.

Pages: 1 8 replies

8T

I tried to find a thread dedicated to these shelves but came up empty so here is one where you can add photos of yours and share how you are using them to show off your finds.
We mostly have tiki, hula, aquarium decorations and matchbooks on ours.

I found this in an antique shop in Louisville while on my way to Coontiki '06. I had to rewire it and get a new bulb but it is amazingingly cool and definitely our favorite shelf.

Here's the same shelf when lighted.

Here are some other shelves we have but none of these have mirrors. Thought I'd just go ahead and stick the photos here too.

OK now it's your turn. Let's see the other styles of mirrored shelves out there.

A
Al-ii posted on Sat, Mar 8, 2008 6:56 PM

Nice!!! I like this style of shelf

Wow, your Tiki stuff has a great shelf life! Love that first asymmetrical one, 8FT, never seen that before. And your number 4, that tail fin one, how wild! ....and, of course, Al's Tapa modified one is a classic.

S

Rub it in. Sure.

Darn sweet light up shelf 8FT!

Al, did you tapafy that super cool shelf? Who did the upholstery work on your rattan?

A
Al-ii posted on Sun, Mar 9, 2008 11:50 AM

Thanks Al!

I have seen many of these shelves over the years, but I just never pulled the trigger on one until last weekend. We were junk'n in St. Louis last weekend and picked this up for $50. This is the first one I've found in this style.

Left side.

Right side.

I found another really cool atomic looking one with lights. If anyone is going to St. Louis and interested, PM me and I'll tell you where.

LDT

M

Great finds... Than ks for the pics

Pages: 1 8 replies