Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Exclusive TC Auction for the MS Walk 2008

Pages: 1 34 replies

D

Many of you have seen Suffering Bastard in Maine's post that he and The FOM have joined the ranks of many in the 2008 MS walk for a cure. This is a fund raiser by the National MS Society to help find a cure for MS and fund other programs. Jon is walking for his wife Traci who has been diagnosed with MS. This is a cause near to me as well as my Paula, was also diagnosed with MS. I know many have pledged to the walk and we thank you and ask that more follow suit.

I have another way you can get on board here. " The 2008 Exclusive TC Ohana Auction" You bid here on TC and the winning bidder will be notified to send a pledge to SBIM walk page. After you make your payment I will send out the package out to you (I will pay shipping to the US).

You can get more info on the walk by clicking http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26929&forum=15&13

Last year many of you also added items to the auction. It is easy to do. Just post your item here with the starting bid, shipping fees (if any),and the date you want the auction to end. When you have a wining bid the bidder will send you a shipping address and will make a pledge to SBIM account. Jon will send you a note to confirm.

Bidding is easy just find the item(s) you wish to bid on. Place a bid here Please be sure to include the description of the item you are bidding for with your bid. If you are the winning bidder make your pledge and include the item description with your pledge. Send your shipping address to the donor. If you need to send shipping fees work it out the the donor DO NOT send it to account. When your pledge and address is confirmed your item will be on it's way. No
All auctions need to end and all pledges must be made by 4/10/08 in order to get it in time for the walk.
Any other questions please feel free to PM me.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2009-02-28 21:42 ]

D

Here is the first item up.
This item was donated by Tiki Farm to be auctioned off at Lala Bahooka on Saturday night. Due to an over site on my part it did not make it out for the live auction. Now you all have a chance to get the mugs here.

From Tiki Farm: This is our limited edition a/p run of only 30 sets of our 2003 "Martin" & "Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior" mugs, originally from the 2003 "It's all about the Tiki" shows held at La Luz de Jesus & M-Modern Galleries.

This set #30 of 30. I have the set in hand and will pay the shipping to the US.
Starting bid just $75.00 bidding ends at 12noon pacific time 3.17.08 good luck.

T

This is not exactly auction format but I have set up a link on my site at http://www.speakitiki.com on the links/promotions page and go to the link for Tiki Central. I am offering through this link my Tiki Speakers at $100 off retail pricing (still with free ground shipping in the U.S.) and will donate $50 per pair sold through this link to the MS fundraiser through the end of March.
Rick

For an easy link to the team page (where you can donate to the whole team if you wish), you can go here:
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/goto/queequeg

..sb

John,
I'll start the bidding out @ $85.00 for auction item #1 (the Tiki Farm set).
WooooHoooooOOOOOOOooooooo!!!

K
Kitty posted on Tue, Mar 11, 2008 7:55 AM

I'll have to raise it to $100

Here are the respective designers Pizz & Von Franco. They're good pals & people always get them confused with one another.

I don't see why?

HT

Will bump the mugs to $125.

K
Kitty posted on Thu, Mar 13, 2008 5:54 AM

Psssst. Hey, Dibroc. $135

D

$135.00 is a good bid for this very limited set. 29 of these sets went on sale today on Tiki Farm's website for 100.00 a set. The other 29 sets sold out in 10 minutes. This is the last set out there people get them while you still can. Thanks for the support.

T

So I'd like to join in the auction here is a few things to start off, more to come once I get organized:

Donated by Tekoteko a Trader Vics Rum Barrel

Stuff from Tikisgrl

A couple of Bali Hai mugs, the black one has it's original OMC sticker

And a random vintage mug

Bidding starts at:

Trader Vic Rum Barrel $25.00
Bali Hai Mugs $15.00
Vintage Mug $10.00

I will pay for shipping of the items to the auction winners. Auction ends Wednesday, March 26, 2008 @ 11:00 PM EST.

Remember this is for a good cause so please bid!!! All proceeds from this auction will go directly to Suffering Bastard in Maine's MS Team!

Beth

On 2008-03-16 15:07, Tikisgrl wrote:

Bidding starts at:

Trader Vic Rum Barrel $25.00
Bali Hai Mugs $15.00
Vintage Mug $10.00

I will pay for shipping of the items to the auction winners. Auction ends Wednesday, March 26, 2008 @ 11:00 PM EST.

Remember this is for a good cause so please bid!!! All proceeds from this auction will go directly to Suffering Bastard in Maine's MS Team!

Beth

I'll open the bidding on the vintage mug with $10.

D

Thanks to Beth and Tekoteko for adding to the auction.

Sorry Kate but I think I will have to go $15.00 on the "Tan Vintage Mug" from Tikisgrl.

[ Edited by: tiki teach 2012-02-01 17:53 ]

K

Excellent. I will see your $150 and raise it to $175. Come on folks, it's for a good cause. I would love to see someone outbid me.

Oh, foo. If I ever looked at a clock, my life would be ...
Oh, well, too late for me.

[ Edited by: kitty 2008-03-17 12:52 ]

ST

I'll open with $15 on the Bali Hai mugs.

T

Just wanted to give this a bump... Don't forget this is for a good cause!

Beth

B

$40 on the TV rum barrel. (Does this get me out of walking?)

D

I with Bargoyle sending money is easier than walking. I will raise my own bid for the Vintage brown mug from Beth. Bid is now $20.00.

Thanks to SBIM and The FOM for doing all the doing walking.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-20 08:33 ]

Bargoyle, you will be walking, even if it means stumbling with a hangover. so there!

ST

Ba-da-ba-bump

J

$50 on the TV rum barrel! Sorry Bargoyle - gotta do it.

D

Just about 24 hours to go on tikigrls auction.
25.00 for the Brown vintage mug.

B

Johnman, if it wasnt for a good cause, I'd have words for you...nasty nasty words.

$50.01!!!

heh heh...just kidding. $55 is about as high as I can go. More than that, and its yours johnman!

So, fo the record, bargoyle ups his bid to $55!!

J

Johnman is in for $60 on the TV rum barrel. Stop by for a sip anytime Bargoyle.

T

Getting near the end now... winners can forward their receipts from the MS society and their addresses. Local winners may be subjected to personal delivery.

Thanks everyone for the bids!

Beth

T

Alright, I bid $20 for the Bali Hai mugs, and $30 for the brown vintage mug.

D

35 for the brown vintage mug

How about $25 for the Bali Hai Mugs! :)

T

$30 for the Bali Hai mugs!

LOL. Okay, $35 for the Bali Hai's! :)

D

how about 35 for the Bali hai and 40 for the vintage brown mug

D

40 for the bali hai

D

Surf tiki I sent you a pm.