Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

No Shag for 45th aniversary of Tiki Room...you suck Disney!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Okay, the 45 anniversary of the glorious Enchanted Tiki Room is being celebrated, but this time around Shag is seemingly not involved. Does anyone know why? Some artists were asked back. Was Josh not interested or was Disney not interested in keeping the items in limited edition like most of his stuff. Or was he stung by the left over Pink Panther items and is avoiding licensed themes? Either way I'm pissed there won't be any more of his mugs inspired by the room. He did such a great job last time. Shag has yet to stumble with any Tiki theme.

JB

If I'm not mistaken, Shag is probably very busy doing a lot of art for the 40th Anniversary of The Haunted Mansion for 2009.

TS

He is currently working on merchandise for the 40th anniversary of the HM like joe banks stated. I guess neither Disney nor Josh wanted to be overloaded with merch.

Are there any preview pics yet of Shag's Haunted Mansion artwork?

Disney buyers are real pains in the a** Were working on Mickeys 80 Birthday , HM Anniversary , and other stuff right now. They drag their feet about getting you the artwork and nickel dime ya to death , then when it is selling great cancel orders and stuff real pains

BUT WE LOVE THEM !!!!

We do jewelry for both the Jacks .... Skellington and Sparrow

T

On 2008-03-12 23:47, SuperEight wrote:
Okay, the 45 anniversary of the glorious Enchanted Tiki Room is being celebrated, but this time around Shag is seemingly not involved. Does anyone know why? Some artists were asked back. Was Josh not interested or was Disney not interested in keeping the items in limited edition like most of his stuff. Or was he stung by the left over Pink Panther items and is avoiding licensed themes? Either way I'm pissed there won't be any more of his mugs inspired by the room. He did such a great job last time. Shag has yet to stumble with any Tiki theme.

I guess I only speak for myself when I say that I feel "Shagged to death". He's a great guy and does some excellent art, but I'm glad Disney is giving someone else a chance. I think Amanda Visell's 45th artwork is awesome! In my book she is right up there with Shag when it comes to Enchanted Tiki Room art with that retro look that I love so much.

T

In the Disneyana store, there are some amazing paintings and prints from Amanda Vissel, Kevin Kidney, and Jody Daly. I can't remember how many tiki room ones, but they were all amazing! The prints were not too expensive either!

Pages: 1 6 replies