Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Confessional: What Tiki item do you most regret accidentally breaking?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Okay Supereight is here acting as Big Kahuna. Please come forth my children and confess your Tiki sins. Tell me that shameful thing that you have never shared with anyone, especially not anyone at Tiki Central.

Have you ever broken a collectable Tiki item? What was it and how do you feel about it now?

No one is without sin, and I confess to breaking a black and red Sneaky Tiki mug that sat under my desk and got kicked one night. Strangely I also managed to break a green Sneaky Tiki too. These are not rare or valuable but I still feel really bad about it. I got them at a collectable show for 2 bucks apiece but I just feel like someone else would have shown them more love. I hope I have learned my lesson now that there are 2 less oldish mugs out there to appreciate.

I feel a little better now.

T

I think rather than share what tiki item was broken, cause there is a thread here with tons of pictures of smashed up tikis (tear), I think TCers could share about a tiki item that they regret buying or owning. Or not.

Mine would be, and maybe regret isn't the word, Cheap TJ-Max mug set with Tiki sugar. Yup, didn't need that taking up space.

K
Kitty posted on Thu, Mar 13, 2008 6:01 AM

Not full blown breakage, but I dropped and chipped my black Lil Bastard that I had JUST gotten from Munktiki. Now it has a white eyebrow. le sigh It will be replaced.

tiki mug misfortunes

The first posts have lost their pictures, but there are lots of posts that have pictures towards the back. Enjoy!

i bought the clown tiki mug from the hawaiian village, tampa on ebay years ago...i think i paid $70 for it...came home drunk a few years back, apartment was dark and in struggling to find the light switch i bumped into a large wicker shelving unit that held some mugs...it was the only one that managed to slip from my grasp and hit the floor.....dead.

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2008-03-13 13:18 ]

On 2008-03-13 05:44, teaKEY wrote:
Cheap TJ-Max mug set with Tiki sugar. Yup, didn't need that taking up space.

But we do, too, LOL.
It's the most un-tiki, tiki-named item ever!

S

A while ago when i was moving my stereo speakers around,the cable to one of them managed to knock my Poison Munktiki mug off the shelf and it broke into about ten pieces.
I was able to glue it back together but it looks like shit.Although i was pissed when it happened i have to say i'm not too fussed about it now.For how much i love skulls,i really wasn't that happy with the mug when i had it in my hands.Im just glad that it wasnt one of omy real favourites.
Then just two days ago when i was taking some photos of the last of my collection to put on Oooga-Mooga,i managed to knock over the Disney Pele mug and two chunks broke of the side.Fortunately it isn't too noticable,and you can't tell from where it sits on the shelf.

doing some remodeling awhile back my husband accidently knocked this guy over breaking off some of the shell and feather trim around his head:

since then he's been knocked over once more and now all the trim is off. It can be glued back on, but it just won't be the same....

Pages: 1 7 replies