Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

YOU are Tikitastic

Pages: 1 1 replies

I´m quite new to this forum still and the things i have learnt here when it comes to tikidrink mixology is priceless!
Never have i seen such tikidrink experts as here.
And all the experiments with ingredients..and with blenders and mixers..i have learnt a lot!
The last experiment has convinced me i need a mixer.

Where i live its not much tiki../Sweden) not much people know what a tikidrink is and much less what tiki culture is.
The few i know and who knows at least a little have been dragged to the Tikiroom by me and then been told at least some.
I`m rally happy that we have Tikiroom in Stockholm!

I don`t exactly remember how i got here but maybe it was due to my life long passion for everything Polynesian.
I started reading books about Polynesia from the age of 12 and have read most of the Swedish author Bengt Danielssons books.
He and his wife Marie-Thérèse published many books about Polynesia.
He also took part in the Kon-tiki expedition with Thor Heyerdahl.

He travelled all over Polynesia and lived in Tahiti spending much time fighting the nuclear tests.
He wrote a fantastic book called "Moruroa my love" which explains in detail how the French gov took over and went through with their testings.
For that and for his fighting against the nuclear tests his title as Swedish consul on Tahiti was taken away and his office locked up in 1978.
But they couldn´`t kick him out because he was too famous internationally.
His and his wifes daughter Maruia tragically died in cancer at a age of only 13..they claimed it was because of the nuclear.
Bengt Danielsson died 1977 and is buried in Sweden.

So its maybe not so surprising i got myself into this forum..and you guys and gals here you are all TIKITASTIC!

I hope this fits in here in the tikidrink and food section even though i have written a little about Bengt Danielsson as well..

I have a real passion for tikidrinks! - and food and when it comes to tikifood i have a lot to learn..ex-chef as i am..i still don`t know much about tiki food..
But if i stay long enough here i may end up an expert of both tikifood and drinks..just like you folks!

Also a tribute to Beachbum Berry for his priceless books!

I couldn't agree more.

For an European guy who starts in tiki mixology, it can be a very obscure way. This forum is a priceless and infinite source for knowledge and experience. Thanks everyone.

Pages: 1 1 replies