Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What's Your Home Bar Name?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Many of us have gone to great lengths to name our home Bars I know I did. I knew I wanted to name my bar even before we began to build it. My reason was to "Set a Mood" "Keep in Theme" My Home Bar Name? "The Kapu Cave" (Thanks Trader Tom)

What's your Bar name?

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-03-18 01:40 ]

Well, it is more the name of our estate and not specifically the bar..... but since the bar is in the house that has the name I guess you can say it is the name of our bar.....

Ealoli

Pronounced EE-LOW-LEE

It comes from Eat, Love, Live

EAt
LOve
LIve

And it sums up our lives and lifestyle in three simple words.

And, we stole the idea from Wolfgang Puck and made it our own.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2008-03-18 04:55 ]

Balis' Hai'deaway.

T
C

"Embree Oasis" is all I have been able to come up with.

..currently, the "bamboo bunker".....

On 2008-03-18 06:06, teaKEY wrote:
What's the name of your home tiki space

Ummmmm? looking for bars really..... Thanks teakey, I looked & looked for that thread :)

LETS MOVE OVER THERE http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7354&forum=1&hilite=orongo%20room

I WISH THIS THREAD HAD A BETTER NAME SO WE COULD SEARCH IT. HINT :)

P

My bar is is more tiki meets the caribbean, but my pool cabana is called "The Lizard Lounge"

Phrede

Le Petit Moai

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge (see pictures on Flickr at the link I included in the thread posted earlier).

I was given the Dr. Zarkov nickname by friends at the University of Maryland because I wore glasses, smoked a pipe and read a lot. The original Dr. ZarKov was Flash Gordon's sidekick.

I later used the Dr. Zarkov moniker as my on-air name for broadcasts on Radio Free Burning Man and later on the official radio station of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where I hosted Tiki Lounge shows.

I think the name also fits well with the mixture of retro sci fi and Tiki in my home rec room.

Tiare Bar

8T

On 2008-03-18 10:34, Hiphipahula wrote:
LETS MOVE OVER THERE http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7354&forum=1&hilite=orongo%20room

I WISH THIS THREAD HAD A BETTER NAME SO WE COULD SEARCH IT. HINT :)

Just to clarify, the reason I did not have the word bar in the originally thread title was that not everyone has a tiki bar. Some folks have a part of a room or outdoor patio etc so I figured "space" would cover it all. Sorry for the confusion and the title has now been edited for easier searching. Thanks, 8FT

Pages: 1 13 replies