Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Mugs, Mustache Wax, and T-Shirts... pg. 5

Pages: 1 2 63 replies

The old days...

This is the pic of the artist's proof for the first glaze run. This glaze edition will be limited to 20. I will continue to make different glaze editions of 10 until the one mold gives out. I've been making a special limited edition of around 30 in addition to this version- which is why I don't have more of these at this time.
Kapulapu is about 7 inches tall and holds 20 oz of your favorite boozy beverage.
So, all "list" people have been contacted. Any mugs remaining of this edition will be made available to any other takers after the list is done. I'm not doing any more lists, so just check this posting for future availablity. This edition is -SOLD OUT-. Each mug will be numbered and will come with signed certificate.
I hope to start shipping these guys out end of next week...

MAHALO!!!

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-03-20 12:28 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-03-20 15:59 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-04-08 12:34 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-06-02 10:30 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-06-02 17:23 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-06-14 16:24 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-06-15 10:06 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-07-05 14:40 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-07-05 15:01 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-07-05 15:03 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-07-05 15:05 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-09-07 14:48 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-09-07 15:01 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-10-07 19:42 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-10-08 18:33 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-11-22 20:34 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-11-24 19:12 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-11-25 07:59 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-02 14:08 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-02 14:12 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-12 17:57 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-02-08 11:24 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-02-08 11:27 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-02-09 17:41 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-03-01 18:06 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2009-05-01 18:30 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-05-02 13:34 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Kaimuki 2009-09-08 18:49 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Kaimuki 2009-12-31 15:39 ]

If you'd like the one of the first edition of 20 Kapulapu pictured in the previous post, just pm me. I'll pm you back with availability. MAHALO!

T

This is a freaking awesome color! can't wait to get mine!!!!

It’s hard to find bright mugs, other than blue, brown, tan, or dark green!

MAHALO to all who purchased this sold out edition. I still have a couple to send out due to technical problems. If I have contacted you and told you that you have one reserved, you still do.

I decided to limit this version to 10, so if you got one, it's probably going to be the scarcest of all the colors.

I hope to have the next batch rolling out next month after the FI release.

O

Congrats TK!

Got mine last week it is AWESOME!

T

Got mine about a week or so ago. Super KooL! Thanks again!

I gotta learn to juggle faster, cause somehow I dropped the ball on this.

Good job, F!

M

Everyone,

Don't miss Falin's mug release party at Forbidden Island:

Details here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28108&forum=17

I did a miscount and discovered there is still 1 mug of the Vintage Lime edition available. This edition is limited to 10 and comes with certificate numbered and signed.
This batch made it safely out of my newly hooked up kiln and are ready to ship. Price is $45 plus shipping. Just PM me and I will get back to you.
With my OWN kiln, look for future editions and new designs to roll out soon... MAHALO!

I received mine today and it looks great!
Thanks Falin!

On 2008-06-02 17:12, caffeinated wrote:
I received mine today and it looks great!
Thanks Falin!

VERY welcome, I appreciate your patience through the rough patch.

The extra mug is now sold. MAHALO!

Mahalo Falin! Just got it-nice work.

Per my conversation with you TIKI KAIMUKI thru my space a while back, you supposed to
put me down for one of these.Did you forget me? Please contact me ASAP.
Mahalo,
Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-06-07 14:57 ]

Aloha Trader Bill,
Sorry for the confusion. I have one more vintage lime that I'm waiting for payment. After that, this color is gone. I will be happy to save this for you if that person decides not to purchase.
Rest assured that more color editions will be coming out in the next few weeks. Now that I have my own kiln, it's full steam ahead! MAHALO!

On 2008-06-07 14:53, 1961surf wrote:
Per my conversation with you TIKI KAIMUKI thru my space a while back, you supposed to
put me down for one of these.Did you forget me? Please contact me ASAP.
Mahalo,
Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-06-07 14:57 ]

Copy that TIKI KAIMUKI.Keep me posted.

Yep, that's right, another Vintage Lime mug has become available. Eight have been sold, one kept for posterity, and now one more that is now ready for anyone ready to paypal me. This is the first edition and will most likely be the scarcest as only 10 in this color will be produced. Please pm me with your shipping address and I will get back to you with the total. Give this guy some rum and a loving home.MAHALO!

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2009-03-25 14:35 ]

PM sent.

Hi we would like one, any color will do, can you put us on a list? I would Paypal as soon as you let me know, thanks, Wendy

Mahalo, mug is sold.

Up for sale this Monday eve(July 7th) will be 3 Kapulapu "Floating Down the Sepik River at Night" Edition Artist's Proofs. These have a sand colored interior that may change when I get the actual edition finished. I'd like to do 15-20 of this edition, but I have no idea when(or if) it will get done. Next on my to do list is to finish all of the FI Edition mugs that people signed up for at the anniversary celebration. Contrary to what you may think, I have made a lot of these Kapulapu mugs. Unfortunately, through my own learning process and bad advice I received, most did not survive. I'm getting tired of making him and after the FI edition, I may put him on hold and focus on my next design for a while(finishing my sculpt as soon as I shut this computer down).

DETAILS: On Monday at around 7 pm I will post up an email address for those interested in purchasing one of these ap's. Write me at that address not here.
Each of the limited to 3 artist's proofs will be numbered and will come with a COA.
Cost is $65 plus any shipping costs.
Sorry, I'm not doing any lists or selling these before that time. If you want one, just check here Monday, July 7th at 7 pm west coast time.
MAHALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Floating Down the Sepik River at Night" edition AP

The 3 AP's are SOLD!!! Mahalo!
Coming soon(or sometime) is a website store, mailing lists to keep the interested updated, and a new design that I have mostly finished sculpting today.

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-07-07 19:26 ]

Martin has graciously found me a small space inside FI(hopefully not the bathroom) to rent out for the FI Parking Lot Sale this coming weekend.
IF you are on the list for the Forbidden Island 2 Year Anniversary Mug, you can pick it up then. PRICE is $75(cash only) and you must be on the list of people who were there on the sale day. I MIGHT have an "extra" one available. I don't know how it will be handled, but it will definitely only be available there, so please don't pm me. Maybe some sort of raffle...?
If you are on the list and do not wish to purchase the mug, please let me know.
MORE regular edition mugs(including the new Palembei) and other craziness are on their way.
MAHALO!

M

Look forward to the mug, and will be there early to line up to get into FI's parking lot sale so will still have that mug weirdo vibe of waiting in line for it.

FI 2 KAPULAPU ARMY!

MAHALO to all the folks that sauntered by the Tiki Kaimuki booth at the FI sale yesterday. We sold everything we brought and met a lot of great people.
Now, that I'm finally done fulfilling the FI 2 Year mugs, I will continue with glazing the satin black faced "Creepy Coconut" edition Kapulapu. I'll also have the new Palembei soon with various glazes. I'm not really sure how many are going to make it out of my mold, but I'd guess less than 50.
I'll post here when they are ready to go!

Tomorrow(Wednesday 10/8) the first batch of Palembei will go on sale. This will be limited to around 50 and will be varying colors. Price is $65 plus shipping and handling costs.
I will also have 6 Kapulapu in Creepy Coconut edition-satin black face with coconut white interior. This versions is limited to 15 and will be $50 plus shipping and handling.

If you're interested, please check here tomorrow late afternoon
for the secret code word that must be mentioned when sending me a pm.

The blueish one will not be sold. I will make more if there is interest.
If you're going to the Saturday Tiki Bar Crawl, you can also pick up and pay me there.

MAHALO!

The first batch of the Palembei Mug are now available. There is only one of each. The total run of these mugs will be 50 or less and will come in varying colors.
Palembei is based on Sepik art from Papua New Guinea filtered through the sensibilities of someone who watched a lot of Japanese superhero shows while growing up. Each mug holds 18 ounces and is about 9 inches tall.
Palembei-Price is $65 plus shipping. If you will be at the Saturday Tiki Crawl, you can pick up and pay then. I also have 6 Kapulapu in the Creepy Coconut edition. They are $50 plus shipping.

PM me if you would like to buy one.
First up is a classic brown version. -SOLD-

Next is the ghost version.- SOLD-

Finally, a version with rich brown underglaze and smothered in a speckled green shiny shine. -SOLD-

Here is are pics of the Creepy Coconut Kapulapu

This edition is limited to 15.

Mahalo for looking! PM me with questions.

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-10-08 18:38 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-10-13 16:17 ]

ALL Palembei are sold-more coming. I have a few Kapulapu Creepy Coconut edition(limited to 15) still available. See pics above!

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-10-21 08:14 ]

T

Has a nice Bosko look about them.

On 2008-10-10 12:16, teaKEY wrote:
Has a nice Bosko look about them.

Mahalo, teaKEY. I am a big fan of Bosko's more organic, primitive work and all the stuff that influenced him as well.

I still have some Kapulapu Creepy Coconut edition available, so after all of you buy a Queeqeg(sp?) mug or two, pm me if you want a Kapulapu. I'm not sure how many more will make it out of the mold and I want to focus on my Palembei and other designs I have cooking. MAHALO!

I've decided to limit the Creepy Coconut edition of Palembei to 10. So, if you're interested in the classic satin black color, get it while you can. I want to move on to other versions to keep it interesting. Glazing the same color over and over gets boring for me.

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-11-07 08:00 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-03-25 14:38 ]

Dead Lava Edition of Palembei.

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-11-24 19:07 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2009-02-19 14:09 ]

If anyone in Southern Cal is interested, Cass(Ocea Otica) and I will be at Kona drinking too much on the Wednesday before turkey day. We'll be there for happy hour(around 5). I'm bringing some Palembei, Kapulapu, and Lil' Lolo for perusing or purchase. I think Cass might be bringing some stuff too?
Even if you're not looking to buy ceramics, stop by and have a drink or two.

This is the latest Palembei batch. All of these are done with a combination of 3 different glazes or more. The total number of various colored Palembei will be about 50. This the second mug to be released by Tiki Kaimuki Ceramics and comes numbered with COA.
Shipping prices for the continental US are $13-15 depending how far you are from Oakland. Anyway, pm if you're interested.

Green-$65_SOLD-

Yellow base brownish- $65

Lightwash blue-$65

Brown base blue-$65-SOLD-

I also have a couple Creepy Coconut Kapulapu available at $50 each.-SOLD OUT-

This is an artist's proof showing an attempt at a more traditional Bumatay glazed version. $65-SOLD-

PM or email([email protected])me with any questions. Mahalo!-Falin

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-02 14:14 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-02 16:18 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-04 16:34 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-12-18 08:18 ]

Dibs on a coconut mug for sure and when Dan's home I'll be writing again in pm's, Wendy

Hi Dan likes the one that sold best, is there another one like it? If not we want the top one in green. So I'll I need is the total. I'll go pm you with our address. Great mugs, Wendy

Mahalo to everyone who has picked up a mug or two! There are still some left in this batch. I will be making more Palembei in the new year and a handful of differently glazed variations of Kapulapu, but the Creepy Coconut Edition is almost gone. This was going to be limited to 15, but I cut it down to only 10. PM me if you'd like to order. I take paypal and am going to mail them out this Saturday morn.
Also, keep an eye out for two new designs. I'll be making the mold for the next mug this weekend.

These are great designs with beautiful glazes! Highly collectable. :D

Mahalo, Tiki-Tonga. I hope your box arrived safely.
I still have a couple Palembei left. It's cold as hell and the only thing I feel like doing right now is drinking, watching movies, and listening to records. So, these will be the last
ones for a little while as I hibernate for winter.
Just pm me if you're interested in one of these Palembei or one of the last Creepy Coconut Kapulapu.

Yellow base brownish- $SOLD

Lightwash blue-$65

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2009-02-11 08:01 ]

I'm starting an email list for advance updates about future mugs available. Find out before everyone else(who's not also on the mail list ) when I have finally gotten off my ass and produced a new batch of Kapulapu, Palembei, or the two new designs coming soon! Email me at [email protected] with Subscribe in the title.
Mahalo!-Falin

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-12-12 17:56 ]

My Palembei just came in the mail today, what a great friggin mug! And to my shock, this mug is massive, i do not think i realized looking at any of the photos the stature of this piece.
Thanks TK, now to go find a good spot in my mug display!

Most people are surprised by the size of my mugs(that's what she said...sorry couldn't resist). I should put something in the pics to show scale.
I generally like to do largish mugs with a little heft. I want people to feel like they got their money's worth with size and also attention to detail.
I'm glad you dig it!

On 2008-12-15 13:47, OceaOtica wrote:
My Palembei just came in the mail today, what a great friggin mug! And to my shock, this mug is massive, i do not think i realized looking at any of the photos the stature of this piece.
Thanks TK, now to go find a good spot in my mug display!

A couple more minutes. Sorry for the delay!

The newest mug is finally available... SKOAI!!! This mug will be limited to around 50 or less and will come in various colors and slight variations as I make them. If you don't see the color you want, have no fear, more will be available in a couple weeks.
Price is $60 plus shipping. PLEASE EMAIL ME at [email protected] --do not pm at this point.

Classic Brown-SOLD- and Stone Blue-SOLD-

Classic Brown with Bone teeth-SOLD- and Bone White-SOLD_

MORE SKOAI COMING!!! To find out when,sign up for the mailing list and send an email to [email protected] with "subscribe" in the title.

Just a side view

Also some Palembei for $65 each plus shipping.

Classic Brown with slight Green tone, Stone Blue, and Classic Brown

Pics with an lp for size.

I also have some Lil Lolo Shot glasses. Just email me for pics.
Send all mug requests to [email protected]
Mahalo!!!!

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-02-08 11:30 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-02-08 11:53 ]

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2009-02-08 15:14 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-02-11 08:04 ]

Those new SKOAI's are great! I sent you an email Tiki Kaimuki.

Mahalo TIKI TONGA!
A new update to the Tiki Kaimuki website is the "BUY ME!" page. On it you will find what is most currently instock and available. I will try to stay on top of keeping this updated as much as possible. In the future there will be an actual shopping cart, but for now just email me with any purchase requests([email protected]).

Visit tikikaimuki.com and check it out!

I received my Skoai today.
It is a great mug!
Going to have a nice BIG Zombie out of it.
Thanks Tiki Kaimuki.

Pages: 1 2 63 replies