Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Stan's Carvings

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

Check out a local artist Tiki Stan's creations, now working on some planters for The Tiki Shop.

It's good to finally see my stuff out there! I'll post more photos of past carvings. Thank you tiki shop for the work.

Here are more photo's of Tiki Stan's carvings.

B

Cool stuff with heavy, deep detail. Looks like he's been carving for awhile? Need More pic's!

S

Very nice, they have a full flavor.
You have it down.

Wow, Thank you for the comments.Tiki Central has the best carvers on the planet.So to hear positive remarks is awesome.I will post some more photos. Thanks again, Tiki Stan.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 22, 2008 7:51 PM

Ditto, cool carves mate :D Deep and smooth, heaps of character

I found a couple more pictures of Tiki Stan's work. Enjoy

T

Welcome to tikicentral.
These are some very cool designs.

I really like the expressions. Especially on the one with the patch.

Here are some photos of a back yard and a local taco shop I am working on,hope you like!

nice carvings bro ...i like the different styles ...the skull is dope..

Thank you for the replies,
Tok-Tok, I like that pirate guy myself,I am working on something real cool with that design stay tuned.
Kreepy tiki,I try to change up every design I have to keep things fresh and the art evolving.I carve those skulls out of the root ball for the texture, so I dont do those very often.(blades are on strike).

WhoaH! Taco-Tiki rules!

Here is some old work to check out,They love the sun here in canyon lake!

Look at the treasure I just stumbled upon, Thou shalt be Tiki!
I hope my neighbors dont want to sleep in tomorro.

S

Right ON!

Look at that bone yard of palm logs!

Here is a sneak peek at the first piece for Tiki Invasion.Still a ton of work to do!
Tiki Stan

B

Looks like an AWESOME Store you have there and you are fortunate to have Stan's tikis around. I'd like to see more pix of the store? Thanks!

Couple of more hours of work done!
Tiki Stan

Well I finally finished it! 6 feet tall,Stainless ice bucket in the top.I need some help on pricing it.

Umbrella or tiki torch? Thank you for checking it out. Tiki Stan...

Tiki enjoying the night life with some coronas!

B

Coronas, wonderful tikis, do you live in a paradise ?

Good work.

Benjamin.

S

Very Nice i love your tikis they have allot of
life in them.

Way Cool! I gotta eventually make one of THOSE! Where did ya find an ice bucket with a slot like that in the middle?

Thank you guys for the compliments. I appreciate them.

Benella, I live between Los Angeles and San Diego. It is very nice here.

Seeksurf,I try to pick up on peoples expressions as they are going through emotions(Jerry Springer show) I grab a feature and go from there. I started by doing people tikis, If you notice one of my previous post has a dennis rodman style.

Surfintiki,I stole that piece from my patio furniture,It was in this little table that has a hole in it now. I hit garage sales for cool stuff like that.I am doing a hibachi holder tiki right now.
Thanks again.
Tiki Stan......

Here is a picture of todays work,It will be a dual faced pirate based theme.
PS, Please ignore the guard on my saw. Tiki Stan.

Aloha canyonlaketiki! You have some bitchin Tiki's going on my friend. thanks for sharin, Aloha Mooney

Thanks MooneyTiki I try to keep things different!
Today was a day of carving at my house, Shawn from the tiki shop came over and carved with a chainsaw for the first time and did great, My friend Philip came over and carved his very first tiki ever.Needless to say he is hooked.tomorro is another carve day at my house. Here are some pictures from today
Here is Shawns first chainsaw carving. Looking good!
Philip's first ever carving. Killer job.

Here are progress photos of the two faced pirate. Tiki Stan....

Time for some sealer.

Dang! There's a lot of tiki action going on over there!

No doubt - you have been busy. Nice stuff. Keep em comin.

I have been carving my a** off for these shows coming up.Here is the two faced pirate finished and a new short 2 footer. Enjoy.

Tiki Stan...

S

Very Nice, allot of creativity in your carves i like.

B

Very good new one.

But this one:

will be amazing !
It's interesting how you used this piece of wood because it seems as height as broad. The design you carved goes perfectly with it.

Benjamin.

Aloha Station:I feel like a machine these days.
Seek surf:Thank you,I am glad you like them.
Benella:Thanks for the comps, That piece should be finished in a couple of days,I will post some finished photos soon. I think France could use a Tiki Stan original.
Here are some new ones. Hope you enjoy....
We called in sick with tiki fever today
Here is one of my new ones.... Tiki Stan

P

GREAT JOB.KEEP IT UP

Here are some unfinished goods from my pile of treasure, A few more cuts and I am Sanding some wood!
Tiki Stan....

Here are some finished Tikis heading to the show.

Thanks for checking them out. Tiki Stan....

B

Yes, Looks like you are a Tiki Carving Machine. Don't slow down with these cool tikis.

Nice Tiki's! Makes me feel like a slacker! Keep churnin' em' out.

S

Yes, you have it down. Looking good you are a natural.

Benzart,Thanks for checking out my work,I dig those huge Tropicana pieces of yours, they are awesome.
Bohemiann,Dont feel like a slacker, Becuase I will probably lose my job because of the tiki fever I have.
Seek surf, My back doesn't feel natural.
Thank you guys for the comments. I appreciate them. Tiki Stan....

Here is one going to tiki invasion. Tiki Stan.....

B

Stan, This one looks great, nice traditional lines and lots of detail. Nice work

Thanks Benzart, I have some more traditional stuff I am working on, check these out.

Tiki Stan...

S

Nice chops! they look great next to all that rock work and
that cool wood door.

Thanks seek Surf,I have been working on that place for three straight years.
Here are some new pictures, Hope you enjoy them. Tiki Stan...
Here is a new one named "Trouble", He has a black eye broken teeth, fat lip stitches and a smashed nose

Here is one of my tikis rocking live on stage with Agent Orange.
Enjoy that new tiki,I am going to miss that one.

Tiki Invasion show 08

Til next time. Tiki Stan.

T

Thanks for selling me one of your favorites Tiki Stan! It made it home safe and is enjoying temporary residence on the front porch of my house. Here are some photos from this morning:

Here is some Photoshop fun with a few of the above photos:

I'll post more phots as I take them in it's journey throughout my home.

Tiki Invasion 2 Ruled by the way. Caught the great performances from Ubnknown Hinsen and Agent Orange and did some great shopping at the vendors.

[ Edited by: Tikijuana 2008-05-04 19:49 ]

Pages: 1 2 55 replies