Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bali Hai Question Tiki Oasis 8

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:51 ]

Mymotiki,
I alluded a bit to our reservations at the Bali Hai on my posting in the Events section. For the past 2 years, the Tiki Oasis Event has always taken over the lower floor of the Bali Hai restaurant. This level has its own bar, dance and stage areas, and lots of seating with tables and chairs. Also, the doors open out onto a fantastic patio with a panoramic view of the San Diego Bay. There is also a large area sectioned off for a second stage, and more tables and chairs.

If you make dinner reservations in the Bali Hai restaurant, you will eat upstairs in their dining room. A party of 4 generally takes 60-90 minutes to be seated, drink, dine, drink, talk, drink, and finish up their meal. Thus, if the Tiki Oasis Event starts at 7:00pm, and you want to be part of the entire event, you should plan your dinner reservations accordingly. The Event normally starts very promptly, and continues on both stages with many different live entertainment acts (mostly music). The bar is open the entire time downstairs to replenish your Bali Hai Mai Tai, so once you are downstairs, you rarely have to go back upstairs.

I have never used the shuttle service to Bali Hai from the hotel, so I can't offer you information on that. Since I used to live in San Diego, I know my way around, thus use my rental car to get there. As of last year, the Bali Hai didn't charge for parking. BUT, if Humphrey's (across the street) is having a concert that night, you will need to get to the Bali Hai early to get a parking place. There is limited, shared parking on Shelter Island.

I hope this helps with your planning!!

See you at Tiki Oasis!
Aloha,
Myke

C

I just made a reservation using this site: http://www.sandiegorestaurants.com/
I set us up for 5:30. Last year was my first T.O. experience and I did not have reservations. Thsi year I am doing it 5 months in advance, lol

D

On a side note, I would recommend the Mr. Bali Hai drink. With it, you can get the classic Bali Hai mug. Its a must! The Bali Hai mai tias are rocket fuel, so be warned!

TWO

The entire weekend of Oasis 7 we were never too far from a cocktail. We hit most of the room crawl parties, the hotel bar, the Ku bar, the after parties.
But, by far, the strongest drinks were the ones we got at the Bali Hai. We watched the bartender make 'em and our jaws dropped. He said "Never order more than two. If you think you want a third, trust me, you don't."
He was right we left there "on stumble".

I think Gene Simmons has the Bali Hai mix his fire spitting fuel...

M

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:52 ]

I love the Bali Hai!!That is where I asked my wife to marry me!It has an awesome view of the bay!!GO THERE!!

Pages: 1 7 replies