Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What bars/restaurants are currently selling Tiki Farm mugs?

Pages: 1 18 replies

What bars/restaurants are currently selling Tiki Farm mugs? Which are custom made just for them? I know that Tiki Farm has some available online in their store, but I also know that places like Forbidden Island have their own mug that can only be purchased in the bar.

And besides bars are their any companies that are selling mugs?

D

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-25 20:39 ]

Okay, while I realize that there was at one point a discussion about mugs (making all discussions about any mugs unnecessary in the past, present, and future), if you had actually read my question instead of going fanboy you might have realized I only wanted to ask about Tiki Farm mugs in bars and elsewhere. Since Tiki Farm only keeps a limited archive and Ooga Mooga won't tell me what is still available I just wanted this simple answer. The link you provided barely touches on Tiki Farm.

So if I may ask, who has their own mug made by TIKI FARM that is currently available (other than those on their website)?

On 2008-03-25 19:41, SuperEight wrote:
Okay, while I realize that there was at one point a discussion about mugs (making all discussions about any mugs unnecessary in the past, present, and future), if you had actually read my question instead of going fanboy you might have realized I only wanted to ask about Tiki Farm mugs in bars and elsewhere. Since Tiki Farm only keeps a limited archive and Ooga Mooga won't tell me what is still available I just wanted this simple answer. The link you provided barely touches on Tiki Farm.

So if I may ask, who has their own mug made by TIKI FARM that is currently available (other than those on their website)?

Goodness. Were you actually offended by that? I thought dibroc was just being helpful. It's not like he said, "Hey Newbie. Try using the search button. Try looking at Ooga-Mooga before asking everyone here to do your research for you." Going fanboy. :roll:

And when you say their own mug, do you mean a signature piece that is exclusive to that establishment or just any bar or restaurant with a Tiki Farm mug with their name and location printed on it?

Here's a few. Hope this is what you're looking for.

Otto's Shrunken Head in New York
Hula Hula in Seattle
Purple Orchid in El Segundo
Hula's Island Grill in Monterey
Tiki Tom's in Walnut Creek
Cheeseburger in Paradise in Maui and Las Vegas
Forbidden Island in Alameda
Trader Vic's in Atlanta

D

Sorry if the first link was not helpful.

Here are a few more to add to Kate's list.
The Kon Tiki Tuscon http://www.kontiki-tucson.com/merchandisemugs.html
The Bahooka Rosemead, CA. http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/store.htm
Kowloon Sagnus MA. http://www.kowloonrestaurant.com you will need to call about the TF mugs.

I hope this is useful in your search. Happy Hunting

Here are others currently selling mugs made by Tiki Farm...

El Taco Real - Hammond, IN
Rockin' Baja - So. cal various locations + Las Vegas
The Saloon - State College, PA
Bracco - Sioux Falls, SD
The Reef - Boise, ID
Bali Hai - San Diego, CA
Tahiti Joe's - Las Vegas, NV

International...
Hula Bula - Perth, Australia
Buds on the Bay - Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Restaurant Mellow - Stockholm, Sweden
American Eats - Malmo, Sweden
Mix Bar - Woodchester, England
Aku Aku - Oslo, Norway

Coming soon...
Royal Hawaiian - Laguna Beach, CA
Pink Taco - various locales
Conga Lounge - Oakland, CA
Tiki Hut - Turks & Caicos (int'l)
Scotty's BBQ - Kapaa, Kauai, HI
Hukelau - Chicopee, MA
Carroll Shelby Corner Cafe - Las Vegas, NV
Mojito - Copenhagen, Denmark (int'l)
Bikini Bar - NY, NY
Paddy's Beach - Westerly, RI
Side Door Saloon - Petoskey, MI

Other non-bar/restaurant "locale exclusives" either in stock or forthcoming...
Kon Tiki Museum - Oslo, Norway
Surf 'n Shack - Capitola, CA
Woodies on the Wharf - Capitola, CA
Tiki Bar TV (www.tikibartv.com)
The Ghastly Ones (www.theghastlyones.com)
Fender Instruments

There are quite a few more in the works but until the design kinks are worked worked out or the non-disclosure agreements are passed, I can't post them yet.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-03-26 14:36 ]

Don't forget these beauties from SAM'S!

LT

When is Bali Hai going to begin carrying the Goof mug?

On 2008-03-26 15:05, LOL Tiki wrote:

starting in latter April/early May

LT

On 2008-03-26 15:08, MakeDaMug wrote:

starting in latter April/early May

Kewl - thanks! I'm also looking forward to getting one of the Kon-Tiki mugs from the museum as soon as they get their on-line store going.

LOL Tiki!

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2008-03-26 15:14 ]

M

On 2008-03-26 14:33, MakeDaMug wrote:
Here are others currently selling mugs made by Tiki Farm...

Other non-bar/restaurant "locale exclusives" either in stock or forthcoming...
Kon Tiki Museum - Oslo, Norway
Surf 'n Shack - Capitola, CA
Woodies on the Wharf - Capitola, CA
Tiki Bar TV (www.tikibartv.com)
The Ghastly Ones (www.theghastlyones.com)
Fender Instruments

There are quite a few more in the works but until the design kinks are worked worked out or the non-disclosure agreements are passed, I can't post them yet.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-03-26 14:36 ]

The Capitola Mugs made for Surf N Shack are now available from Surf N Shack.

If you don't live near Capitola I have one on eBay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230295996594

MauiTiki

Tiki Stickers http://www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs http://www.mauitikitours.com
Hawaiian Clip art http://www.islandimages.com

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2008-09-30 14:40 ]

A

BTW -- in case you don't know, Goof mugs are now available at Bali Hai. And pretty cool, I might add.

....well.... that would explain the sharp pain in my eye everytime i took a drink outta that mug !!

The Kon-tiki Museum in Oslo carries a range of Tiki Farm mugs, incuding their own mug....

I picked one up there in this month... it's a beauty.

LT

On 2008-09-30 14:46, arriano wrote:

BTW -- in case you don't know, Goof mugs are now available at Bali Hai. And pretty cool, I might add.

Thanks for the heads-up. I did pick up a few back in April or May. I've got one up for trade on OM; hoping to trade it for an East-Coast or Nor-Cal Tiki Farm mug. :)

LT

On 2008-09-30 14:54, Pikeys Dog wrote:
The Kon-tiki Museum in Oslo carries a range of Tiki Farm mugs, incuding their own mug....

I picked one up there in this month... it's a beauty.

I'd love to get one or two of the Kon-Tiki mugs that Tiki Farm did for the museum. If you go back and you're interested in doing a trade (or sell), let me know. I'm in the San Diego are so mugs from Bali Hai (Tiki Farm) and Pink Elephant (Munktiki) are readily available.

So, here was some very useful info thanks to all... but, what ever did happen to SuperEight? y'all scared the dickins outta SuperEight...love....

I'm right here livin large with my three Scott's BBQ mugs I picked up in Kapaa, Kauai. The manager had never heard of Tiki Central and I told her that she should post some info about here restaurant here. The mug there is not Tiki but its another piece of great work by Tiki Farm. Its in the shape of a classic Weber style BBQ in black. I will post a picture when I get a chance. Thank you so much Holden for the great work and for taking the time to post the mugs that are available. I would never have known about it and I go to Kauai every summer.

Pages: 1 18 replies