Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Room-Help! :)

Pages: 1 15 replies

Aloha all,
I'm looking for a Paul Frankl (or anything similar to Franlk) sofa or 2 chairs, used is perfect, for my tiki room! If anybody is selling or knows where I can get my hands on these items please let me know. Hope all is well with everyone.

Mahalo, Jon aka:tiki butt :)

D

what part of the world are you located, tiki butt? i know of a huge stash of furniture in seattle.

B

On 2008-03-25 17:51, dogbytes wrote:
what part of the world are you located, tiki butt? i know of a huge stash of furniture in seattle.

You holding out on your own homies DB?! LOL I don't even want to know - I couldn't stick another piece of furniture in my house if tried!

Tiki Butt?
There were no more names available? Tiki BUTT? how about Butt'o'tiki or cuter than a tiki's butt or ?!? something,
That hurts my feelings.

Sorry about not listing my location, duh. I'm in Southern California, just outside LA. Thank you guys so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it!

As for the name "Tiki Butt", here's the low down. Because of my "J-Lo like" backside I have been called names like bubble butt, Gay-Lo, ect. All in good fun of course. So one day while my son and I were at my Mom's home she said "Hey there bubble butt" and my son, who's ten years old, actually said "No Grandma, he's Tiki Butt". Well we all cracked up and the name just stuck...so, yeah, I'm Tiki Butt.

So sorry, Banana Bobs, if my name hurt your feelings. It certainly was not intended. There were plenty of other names available I'm sure. However I am "Tiki Butt"...trust me. Also, ironically enough, I am cuter than a tiki's butt...who knew..lol. :)

Mahalo ~Jon------------>Tiki Butt

T

On 2008-03-25 17:51, dogbytes wrote:

Hi dogbytes,

I am moving out with the Girlfriend by the end of June, where would this place of dream furniture be? Expensive? PM me if you’d rather.

Thanks,

Fuzz

On 2008-03-25 21:55, bananabobs wrote:
Tiki Butt?
There were no more names available? Tiki BUTT? how about Butt'o'tiki or cuter than a tiki's butt or ?!? something,
That hurts my feelings.

I'm lost? Was the name bananabobs better? :D how bout bananapieguy or bananaramabob or even bananabobaboobala... were they all gone too? :D :D :roll: hehee silly hiphip

ANYWAY... Jon is looking for some Frankl Bamboo furniture in the Greater L.A. SoCal area maybe we can help?.. I would keep a close look in craigslist & here on TC. Keep checking thrift shops & there's a couple of cool retro vintage shops in NoHo & Burbank I will pm ya. For now.. show us your tiki butt! (actually... I have seen it :D

TZ

I was waiting for someone to be tacky enough to suggest "bananaboobs," but I guess I'm the only one in the gutter today.

ST

For now.. show us your tiki butt!

Jen, keeper of tiki bums???

[ Edited by: Surf tiki 2008-03-27 19:17 ]

Thanx Hiphipahula for sticking up for my name. And you have seen, my errr uhhh, "tiki butt" lol! I'm still not sure what Bananablowmebobs was so hurt over....whatever. Okay's so lets get cracking on your "Kapu Cave"..when it's all done I may move in with you :) So exciting! I really hope someone comes up with the Frankl sofa or chairs...I wanna finish my room too.

Aloha ~ Tiki Butt

Hey Surf Tiki...Am I the keeper of tiki bums? lol Or was that meant for Hiphipahula?

aloha, tiki butt

ST

Nah, it wasn't meant for either of you. I believe that JenTiki is the keeper of tiki butts, figured she would have some sort of bot that would flag all threads with "butt" in them.

J

Hmmm..... I'm trying to decide if I should be offended... nope! Although, I'm really only an admirer of tiki butts, not so much a keeper of them. Those are some sweet tiki butts you have there Hiphip! A couple of those are in my collection as well. Butt, I must say that I prefer the warmth of a wooden tiki butt, as compared to the cold ceramic ones. As for tiki_butt's tiki butt, I have not seen it.

I hope this puts an end to the discussion of tiki_butt's butt, and we can now resume his search for Frankl furniture.

Aloha!
JenTiki (Tiki Butt Aficionado)

Tiki butt,
I have quite a few pieces of vintage rattan for sale.
Some restored some not.PM with your email and we can
talk.I have been buy, selling , restoring and collecting
vintage rattan for about ten years now.

Dog bytes-If you know of a stash of furniture in Seattle,
I would be interested in buying selected pieces.I even
have a friend in Seattle that could pick up for me.
Let me know, and email me as well.
Thanks,
Trader Bill

Here is an example of a Paul Frankl style coffee table I have available.
I have over 15 pieces available currently in So Cal area.
To find an actual Paul Frankl piece of rattan furniture is just short
of a miracle.If you do-count on paying big big dollars.
There were several of companies that made Frankl style furniture in
the 1950's such as Tropic Sun Rattan and Baughman Rattan Co.that were
based in Pasadena and LA.Here is a pic of a fine example.

Pages: 1 15 replies