Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

cheap tiki at OSH

Pages: 1 12 replies

Just picked up a pretty decent looking tiki statue at Orchard Supply Hardware in Berkeley for only $35 (tag said $39!).

Unless you tap on it you can't tell it's plastic rather than wood.

T

The return of the Target Tiki...
Drill a hole in the top and and put 4 tiki torches in it !!!
Just put wheels on the bottom of mine.. waiting on the glow paint !!!

that's good to know. the one I got from target is all thrashed by the wild turkeys who frequent my patio to get to my bird feeder. for some reason, they kept knocking over my tiki. those darn turkeys!

There should be a law against plastic Tikis!!

if folks were willing to pay what it cost to carve and ship real wood tikis, we wouldn't have plastic ones....plastic exists cause people are cheapskates!!

don't get me wrong..i know we are not all made of money and hard economic times befall us....but when we constantly want more and more consumer goods at lower costs, sacrifices get made, jobs get shipped overseas to folks willing to work for less than they would here, cheaper materials get substituted for nicer ones and the whole sorry chain of events begins, finally crash landing in the party goods store with all the colorful cheap ugly tiki stuff....

"operation chaos is in effect!! RUSH the vote 2008!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-03-28 12:16 ]

Tipsy, I think glass houses are sexy and all, but aren't you the one who posts the Big Lots threads?? Just sayin'.

I tried to make a living building fine wood furniture, so I appreciate the craftsman's perspective. But if I came home with a $250 carved Tiki I'd be thrown out along with my mug of Suffering Bastard. Without this plastic facsimile of a real Tiki, I'd have none at all.

If you can't beat 'em, well, mix up a batch of Mai Tais and get on with it.

Cheapskate... looky like somebody getting there ass handed back to them !!!

On 2008-03-31 10:19, TikiLaLe wrote:
Cheapskate... looky like somebody getting there ass handed back to them !!!

..and who invited you back down from the clouds??

On 2008-03-28 17:15, bamboo stu wrote:
Tipsy, I think glass houses are sexy and all, but aren't you the one who posts the Big Lots threads?? Just sayin'.

I tried to make a living building fine wood furniture, so I appreciate the craftsman's perspective. But if I came home with a $250 carved Tiki I'd be thrown out along with my mug of Suffering Bastard. Without this plastic facsimile of a real Tiki, I'd have none at all.

listen..i never said i didn't buy cheapy tiki stuff once in awhile...as evidenced by my big lots post...so the glass house theory of yours doesn't hold water....however i do manage to be able to squeeze out $250 and much more for the occasional carved tiki as well...my girlfriend doesn't have my nuts in a vice so i am able to spend money on whatever i want without trembling nervously that i will be evicted from my own house!! how sad....

On 2008-03-31 10:56, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
my girlfriend doesn't have my nuts in a vice so i am able to spend money on whatever i want without trembling nervously that i will be evicted from my own house!! how sad....

Oh snap! Now my tears are diluting my beverage.

T

listen..i never said i didn't buy cheapy tiki stuff once in awhile...as evidenced by my big lots post...so the glass house theory of yours doesn't hold water....however i do manage to be able to squeeze out $250 and much more for the occasional carved tiki as well...my girlfriend doesn't have my nuts in a vice so i am able to spend money on whatever i want without trembling nervously that i will be evicted from my own house!! how sad....

(.)(.)
I'll crank out 250 to watch your chick put your nuts in a vice !!!!

On 2008-04-02 02:59, TikiLaLe wrote:

(.)(.)
I'll crank out 250 to watch your chick put your nuts in a vice !!!!

...PERVERT!!

H

Hahahahaha, Tipsy you are too funny, I am dying of laughter here..

Pages: 1 12 replies