Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello everyone! Cool site!

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

Hey all,

I just found this site, and love anything to do with Tiki's, tropical gardening, and South Pacific decor and lifestyle.

I own a home in Laguna Niguel, California (near the coast) with my wife (TikiGirl), and have been decorating it with eclectic decor for over five years now.
We have a faux black lava rock swimming pool with water-falls (that I did some of the work on myself) with huge planters contain lots of tropical plants, and an original Oceanic Arts 5' tiki (that I did the finish on myself). The Tiki guards over my property and wards off any evil spirits :) Also next to the pool is a thatched covered umbrella that I fashioned out of dried palm thatch from my 50" California fan palm (took me three weekends to build from scratch).

We have traveled to Hawaii (Maui and Kauai), and Tahiti (Moorea and Bora Bora) over the last five years.

So far we have entertained two Laua's at our home. But can't seem to find any true avid tropical tiki lovers (like ourselves) that appreciate good friends and laughter, some tropical drinks, a nice ocean breeze, and the sound of waterfalls while listening to some swinging Mambo tunes!

Love to hear from others!

Boy, have YOU stumbled upon the right place! Welcome aboard, Tiki Man and Tiki Girl!

Tiki Man,
On behalf of Tiki Bong and myself, welcome aboard! Glad to have another So Cal tiki nut with us. Keep an eye on the EVENTS forum as we always have stuff going on in Orange County!

Welcome aboard!

:tiki:

Aloha TikiMan,

On behalf of Polynesian Pop and myself, welcome aboard.

Yes, we have a number of tiki gatherings all through the year which I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy.

My wife - Madam Bong - and my bit#& - Polynesian Pop - all throughly enjoy collecting, talking and drinking tiki.

L
laney posted on Mon, Feb 24, 2003 4:36 PM

Welcome, I am in Placentia, a tiki , palm and cycad collector. Please, please can we have an O.C. home bar crawl this summer. I have a new outdoor room/bar/lounge to break in this summer along with swimming and BBQ! Let's get it together everyone!
P.S. everyone get my back in Collecting forum! Lots of So.Ca. bashing-We need you Bong!

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-02-24 16:37 ]

Laney,

Let's definately have a OC Home Tiki Bar Crawl this Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. That way, everyone else outside of So Cal - I'll just call it OUT THERE - can see how to do it right!

Aloha TikiMan and Welcome Aboard! Sounds great, For your next Luau...count me in... I just moved from Laguna N. to Aliso V.
Dont forget to check out the up and coming Tiki Oasis 2003 in Palm Springs.

[ Edited by: Tiki Rider Five-O on 2003-02-24 17:15 ]

T

Thanks for the warm tiki welcome everyone!

Look forward to meeting everyone soon.

-TikiMan

Your place sounds great...WHOOO HOOO PARTY AT TIKIMAN'S!!!

M

TikiMan,
Welcome. It is appropriate to show us all some pics now that you've descibed your home. Pics, we must have pics.

Laney,
"P.S. everyone get my back in Collecting forum! Lots of So.Ca. bashing-We need you Bong!"

Defend Southern California? Eww, why? But hey, the old trial attorney in me needs some fun. Sure!

midnite
Marina H.S. '83

Warm tropical greetings from the west coast of Florida!

T

On 2003-02-24 17:58, midnite_tiki wrote:
TikiMan,
Welcome. It is appropriate to show us all some pics now that you've descibed your home. Pics, we must have pics.

Ya know I am looking into a digital camera now. As soon as I have some pix, I will post them

Welcome mambo Tikiman. Laguna niguel, just moved from there to la. Did you ever make it over to the house2home nursery in LN? That's where I cut my tiki teeth.Fun.

"Good evening, Mr. Tikiman...your usual tonight?"

G

alohaz, good a new spot fo visit wen i vist my mom and dad on da mainland [Cali]. WELCOME!

shootz

T

On 2003-02-24 22:20, thechikitiki wrote:
Welcome mambo Tikiman. Laguna niguel, just moved from there to la. Did you ever make it over to the house2home nursery in LN? That's where I cut my tiki teeth.Fun.

Thanks! Yup, I remember the old H2H and their giant Easter Island Tiki made of fiberglass. I wanted the volcano, though they wouldn't sell it, and it was gone when they went belly up (but I got a great hanging stained-glass lamp with a bamboo design for 75% off retail).

Actually, I started getting into my love for tropical/tiki anything seven years ago on my first visit to Hawaii (Kauai). I loved the décor and everything, and I made it a major priority to re-create as much of it I could when I bought my first home. Then I discovered Oceanic Arts (by accident), and... well the rest is history.

My wife has been collecting Asian antiques for a few years now (we even have a two hundred year old Chinese opium pipe), and I have been collecting tribal mask and tropical plants for many years now, so when we bought our home, it turned into Bali meets the South Seas.

I oddly enough didn't even know there was a tiki following until I did a search and found some web sites (including this one).

Cheers!

Well welcome aboard. I designed that nursery, and my two assistants and I built everything from scratch. 21 days straight with no days off and we had a blast doing it. I heard that the errupting volcano is in S.D. somewhere. my assistants and I blew that popsicle stand before they went belly-up.

Pages: 1 17 replies