Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Awesome pics, First Tiki

Pages: 1 14 replies

Here's my completed first effort at carving. Pics taken by close friend Will Parris, of Parris Studios..http://www.parris-studios.com/

B

Excellent first tiki King-B and you are right about the AWESOME Pictures. Nice camera set up for sure.
You have more tiki in the works? Try to get In-progress shots if u can!

I posted progress shots on a previous post entitiled My first Tiki.
And yes i'm working on one as we speak, i'll post pics as soon as i have them.

Wow, great job on numero uno! I really like the stain work and antiquing - very cool!

I just posted my first carving as well... Check it out if you get a chance, brutha :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27963&forum=7&0

No way. The best part of those pics is the tiki. (Nice work!) Let's look at those pics objectively by replacing a tiki with something about which none of us can get emotional--namely the Plymouth K Car.

Now how do those photos look? That's what I thought.

See it was the great tiki all along. Keep it up, King-bilt!

TH

Wow! What kind of car is that?

Your right, it was the awesome tiki! Car? Didn't even notice a car.. couldn't take my eyes off the tiki. LOL.

Thanks for the encouragement, in the last week I've carved my second and third tikis, it's addicting. I also made time to carve an Aloha sign out of the corner of an old table. I'll post the picts later. There are some real true artists who grace these pages, hopefully with practice and persistance I can continue to get better.

This would be a good time to post your first carving and then something more recent to show your growth, a sort of before and after. Maybe I'll start a new post just for that reason.

Thanks Again
King- Bilt

Aloha King-bilt! That is an excellent first tiki! Keep it up mt friend,Aloha, Mooney

T

That's a nice job! Where did you draw your inspiration for that tiki? Did you come up with it in your head, find something similar somewhere which inspired you, or is a combo of different features of several tikis?

Before I started I read a variety of helpful posts on how to carve and when to carve. Through my research I viewed so many awesome tikis giving me so many ideas and concepts. I started out with a pretty ambitious tiki head drawing needless to say my drawing looks nothing like the finished product. As i carved i would make mistakes then work with them until i thought it looked good. Most of the finished product came from my head and on the fly decisions, for my first I'm happy with it. I should have some new post fairly soon.

Thanks for looking.

King B

T

Nice job for on the fly descisions! I liked the pattern, so I based a carving on it. Mine was done in an old lodgepole pine piece, and looks very old and primitive. I will post some pics of my version when I get a chance.

Aloha King-bilt!

What you got kookin on the carvin table my friend . Lookin forward to your next carving Aloha Mooney

K

To be totally honest I've finished two signs and total of about eight tikis, most of which i was experimenting with different styles and various looks. I've just been slacking on getting pics and posts done. What a punk right. I hope to get some pics up soon.

The King B OUT...

B

Hi King B. Your tiki is really good, especialy the way you finished it. The artistic pix are pretty good as well.
Let's show new carvings :wink:

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 14 replies