Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: From the Vonderful Vorld of Vitco ve offer:

Pages: 1 6 replies

The DECANTERS! Fine back bar wall art, or just damn fine art, anywhere:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180228874595&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

Stylized bottles, one of THE favorite wall art motifs of the mid-century, as interpreted by William Westenhaver:

And then we have that classic of Witco wall art, the sleek VIKING SHIP:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180228879121&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

As I say on e-bay:
"It evokes the histories of all the daring sea farers, from the Vikings to the Polynesians to Thor Heyerdahl."

...and it evokes a smile to see Westenhaver's clever use of drawer pulls :) :

As seen in Tiki Modern:

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-04-01 07:17 ]

TH

interesting... but shouldn't it be "ve offer"?

You are so right! It was late last night. I corrected that. I am glad the Floridians have some brains left uncooked. :D

Uh oh! I think my Viking ship just sank! Somebody from Ontario, CA, (home of the Royal Tahitian!) put one up for $24.99 !
I am not THAT eager to get rid of my Witco. Theirs is supposedly signed "Werongo" (You Rongo? No, WE ....!) :wink:

It was barely floating anyways, these times are HARD for e-bay sellers, and GOOD for e-bay buyers! Especially with Witco, that heavy, large stuff costs a fortune to ship nowadays, plus/minus 70.- bucks, that scares people away. Best off are the locals, who can do a personal pick up. Next up: Some Disney, some mugs, that always sells.

V
virani posted on Thu, Apr 3, 2008 3:56 AM

No shipping to France ? What can I do with all my dollars..... ?
:wink:

Shipping that ship to France? Maybe floating it. :D OR I'll bring it as a carry-on when I fly to Germany the end of this month!
...meant this as a joke, until I remembered that I DID carry on a fully framed Tretchikoff from Hamburg once, and an Orchids hanging lamp from Chicago. But that was back in the easy days of air travel...

Toot toot, this ship is leaving, and the bottles too!

Pages: 1 6 replies