Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

2008 Dynasty Mugs Wholesale Catalog

Pages: 1 13 replies

In case anyone cares:

Buzzy Out!

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Apr 2, 2008 2:20 AM

Hey Buzz, any chance of a closer peek at the NEW "Bora" mug? Haven't seen that one before - it looks vaguely Rarotongan. Perhaps they realised there's a Tiki Revival in full swing? On the other hand, those headhunter mugs sure look crappy these days.....ugh.

K
Koolau posted on Wed, Apr 2, 2008 9:59 AM

Thanks - sometimes I run across mugs I suspect are new, but I can't be sure - this will help.

I also like how they are maintaining the tradition of misspellings, like an old Chinese restaurant menu. "Scorpian Bowl" - that's old school, baby.

S

Particularly note the Mai Kai mugs and bowl on the last page. Does this mean the Mai Kai is getting their stock through Dynasty now?

LT

2008? That's got to be a misprint. Those are rare, vintage mugs! Hundreds of eBay listings can't be wrong.

G

On 2008-04-02 10:06, Swanky wrote:
Particularly note the Mai Kai mugs and bowl on the last page. Does this mean the Mai Kai is getting their stock through Dynasty now?

The Mystery Bowl that they used for a little while, but then later sold in the gift shop, came from Dynasty. But the new mugs come from Progressive Glass.

On 2008-04-02 02:20, Paipo wrote:
Hey Buzz, any chance of a closer peek at the NEW "Bora" mug? Haven't seen that one before - it looks vaguely Rarotongan.

Buzzy Out!

K
Koolau posted on Sun, Apr 6, 2008 1:39 AM

That's a pretty vicious degradation of the Orchids of Hawaii R-18 mug. I weep.

I ordered one from otto's nyc, I like it though i does look kind alien.

LT

Dynasty Mug Secrets...

Capture

Disassemble

Drain & Dry

Glaze

Thanks for posting this, Buzzy! Didn't see it the first time around, but did a search on Dynasty before I placed my summer tiki party order, and got a hit on your posting. Dynasty has always been great to work with, and the prices have only changed slightly since their 2005 catalog.

Aloha!
Myke

K

i just love that shark mug of theirs!

T

That place rules...

I bet they've been in business for many years...since the heyday of Poly Pop.

Pages: 1 13 replies