Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"Man crowded out of home by collecting passion"

Pages: 1 13 replies

Man crowded out of home by collecting passion - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/od_nm/germany_pensioner_dc_1

I read this title fearing it was going to be about mrsmiley.

Or Otto.

Or Sven.

Or Boutiki, ikitnrev, danlovestikis, kohalacharms, edgeoftexas, etc.

I'm a scant few years away from it myself. :roll:
F

(Moderators, feel free to move this to another spot as you see fit. It's Collecting or Ohana or Beyond, but I thought it also a good warning to all of us!))

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Apr 2, 2008 8:36 AM

There are collectors, and then there are accumulators. Can't tell which he is by the story though. Most people are accumulators.

K
Koolau posted on Wed, Apr 2, 2008 9:33 AM

Accumulation runs in my family. My cousin was having troubles in his marriage because of all the stuff he collects. When a house came up for sale two doors down, he bought it solely to store all his junk. Now they're happy, and the second house has doubled or tripled in value since he bought it. Pretty sweet deal.

On 2008-04-02 08:36, Swanky wrote:
There are collectors, and then there are accumulators. Can't tell which he is by the story though.

If he's left himself no room to sleep, he's in the second category. The "compulsion" to collect is intriguing to me. When it is about stuff, I'm amazed. When, it's with animals (hoarding), I'm saddened.

Crazy Germans! Dang, I wanna see pictures of his home's interior...
If you have no relatives and no friends, but unlimited money and internet access, and you collect not just one thing, I can see how a house can fill up pretty quickly nowadays...14 deliveries a day, jeeez.

O
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.