Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Finally some updates from Frostiki 8/17

Pages: 1 13 replies

F

New painting from Mrs. Frostiki...Have a Zombie Today! This is a preview of things to come at our booth at the Hukilau this year. Be sure to check us out!

Mahalo,
Frostiki

visit us at http://www.frostiki.com

[ Edited by: frostiki 2008-08-17 18:58 ]

[ Edited by: frostiki 2008-08-17 21:07 ]

H

Lookin' gooood--I like alot!

Nice!

F

Mahalo, Howland and Tiki Shark for the kind words. I'm hoping to keep the creative wave going until I pass out under a pile of canvas and paint :) Thanks again!

Mrs. Frostiki

Cool stuff, frostiki! I'm a sucker for painting and lettering... Tell her to keep it up!

F

Thanks for the kind words Sam. She had a lot of fun with this one and has some more ideas that she is getting started on. She's the creative one in the family, I just pretend that I am.

Very cool. I myself don't know cool, but this definitely is. The zombie's expression makes me wonder what he's saying (or is it a grimace?). The style is perfect, the fonts are excellent, the colors are perfect, the pose of his hand. Hell, the whole design rocks... I want his hat, even.

Mrs. Frostiki: this is too cool. There isn't much art I've ever seen that I'd hang on my own wall, but this is definitely one I'd drive a nail into the plaster for.

F

Sam & Robb,
Thanks for all the compliments on the new painting. I'm taking a break right now from the new newest painting. Hopefully I can ride this new creative wave for a while before the block sets in. Again, thanks for checking out the painting. I'll post more soon.

Mahalo,
Mrs. Frostiki

Jason and Tina, nice work coming out of your studio! I really like how the background shows through the Zombie, and the lettering looks great!
I look forward to seeing you both this June and I'm glad you're able to make it.

Jason, I got your message. Let me get some photographs of what I have and I'll send you an email.

F

Dave, Thanks for the kind words. He just wouldn't be a zombie without the green skin. Thankfully he's not into brains, just liquor.

I'll be on the lookout for those pics, thanks in advance for that.

Remember to keep your eyes out for more stuff. The Mrs. has another canvas up on the easel right now already roughed out, and who knows how many more behind that one, ready to go. If I ever get off my butt and stop doodling in the sketchbook, I might be able to turn a couple of things out before the hukilau too.

[ Edited by: frostiki 2008-04-29 07:45 ]

The Block.

There's something I can relate to.

Mrs. Robb also went totally gonzo over this super-cool piece.

F

Yeah, I have a serious block going on, it's very frustrating. I'm trying to figure out ways to overcome it or at the very least work around it. Unfortunately the Hukilau is only 36 days away so the pressure is on. Thankfully Mrs. Frostiki has pumped out a couple of great ideas, with one in the works that should be finished in a few days.

We are glad that you and the Wahine liked the latest one, hopefully you'll like the next one too.

Mahalo

F

So we have seriously neglected posting on here for a while, and wanted to give a quick update of some of then things we've done, most of these we brought to the Hukilau.

Hand Painted/Hand Cast Resin Pendants

Marq

Tang

Moai

Mask

Holiday Cards

Polynesian Winter Wonderland

Very Tiki Christmas

Prints

Navy Grog 11x17

Have a Zombie Today! 11x17