Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

May 18th Masonic Luau in El Cajon!!!MAY CHOP!

Pages: 1 2 3 137 replies

Mark your calendar for May 18th, choppers!!! We will have roast pig and other Hawaiian delights. Our group has been granted permission to do some LIGHT vending of inexpensive items, such as pendants and what not. This event is still in it's infancy, but it will be a great one for us to mingle and make some contacts. There will be a small charge for food,(includes beer) as this is a fundraiser, but I'm still working on a couple of things.

This event will be held at Heartland Masonic Lodge, located at 695 Ballantyne Street, El Cajon, CA 92021.

All are invited to this event, not just carvers!!

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-28 11:13 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2008 6:42 AM

Do we get to CHOP?

C

oh man, do we get to learn the secret handshake? does everyone get a fez? :wink:

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2008 8:07 AM

"do we get to learn the secret handshake?"

Nope. These guys won't even admit there IS a secret handshake!

C

well if there are no rides in the little cars either than this is just a big let down.....

This is simply a Masonic event, not a Shrine event. No Fez, no little cars.......No learning our non-existent handshake. There will be dancers and the whole deal, though.

Like I said before, I'm still working out the details, but there is a large grassy area, surrounded by palm trees, where we could do a full-blown chop. It's far enough away from the front door, that we could possibly use powertools as well.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-04 11:14 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-04 11:15 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2008 11:49 AM

Actually, this sounds really cool.

Baked pig, hula dancers, Tiki carving and Masons. The very soul of 50's Tiki. What's not to like?

Billy Crudilly has been trying to make this happen for a while. I got some sheet plastic if we need to lay it down to protect the grass.

2B1 Ask1

Bummer. I've got plans that weekend.

I hope we'll still do a regular Chop that month, or it will be the first month I've ever had to miss. :(

OUCH! Yeah, unfortunately, there's no fudging with the date because it's the lodges event. Are you flexible at all on your other plans?

The more chops, the better, in my opinion.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-04 13:20 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2008 6:24 PM

Hey Billy - Is this a Prince Hall Lodge?

Good one, Cam.

suh-weet

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Apr 5, 2008 6:30 AM

Here's Kate's flowchart for the next 2.734 months. Sorry Billy but you should have notified her at least 3 months ago, her life is kind of complicated these days...

I hope that's a little better received than my Witco joke. Now I know how Lenny Bruce felt!

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-08 13:43 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Apr 8, 2008 10:06 PM

Hey Billy -

Dessert of the Month
Strawberry Upside-Down Cake.

Serve warm.
Looks like hell, but tastes great with a blob of whipped cream & rum.

Make one for the Luau, man! That does NOT look like hell.......that looks tasty!

On 2008-04-08 22:06, Cammo wrote:
Hey Billy -

Dessert of the Month
Strawberry Upside-Down Cake.

Serve warm.
Looks like hell, but tastes great with a blob of whipped cream & rum.

Just like Billy?

I May be there, it depends on flight schedules...

UPDATE!!! Carvers get free admission the luau. We'll be setting up a carving village, just like Oasis and will be given a vending table inside the lodge. We have been asked to make some smaller "inexpensive" items available as souvenirs for the luau. This should be a great and fun event, ya'll!!
Springtime is Luau time at Heartland Lodge #576!!

695 Ballantyne St, El Cajon, CA 92021

Al are invited to join in the festivities, not just choppers, so come join in the fun. We'll have Hawaiian dancers, bbq pig, and the whole lot!!!

This event WILL have booze, but bringing some along would be cool as well!

M
mieko posted on Fri, Apr 25, 2008 4:57 PM

Looking forward to this, should be fun!!!

dito, sounds like a blast

Found these two fellers to cook up some pig for us in exchange for one of our virgins to appease Pele'. I didn't bother telling them that finding a virgin among us is totally laughable. We're all a bunch of heathens!

New news, Luau starts at 12:30, choppers can arrive at our usual 9-10 am chop times to set up and do some carving. Bring your easy-ups and chainsaws, kids!!!

All other attendees, just bring $10. and and an appetite for Polynesian style fun!!(someone bring some Budweiser as well, so maybe we can lure out Bamboo Ben!)

Pendants, tikis, and mugs, will be available for sale as well, so bring your checkbooks if you're interested in these items.

'Crudnik

forget choppin, ill be there just for the bbq!

This sounds like a good time. I'm all about the EATS!!!! Hope to make it.

Ahhh Crud!

I'll be in Vegas werkin' on the 18th.

No rest for the wicked!

Have fun !!!

Make mine a Zombie!!!!

He knows the handshake...He'll fit right in can he come too??? :wink:

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-04-29 20:21 ]

Bring any Masonic or Shrine inspired art for display. This is where we're going to make Shrine contacts for selling art and tikis. GREAT painting, Clyde!!

On 2008-04-30 00:14, Billy the Crud wrote:
Bring any Masonic or Shrine inspired art for display. This is where we're going to make Shrine contacts for selling art and tikis. GREAT painting, Clyde!!( ya fackin' punk!)

HT

Hi all, I know you all are excited about the lodge, I need to ask one thing. Let myself or Billy know(PM)if you are going to eat. We(the Lodge)needs to know how much Pig to order. I will see there.

H2O AKA Brian

On 2008-05-01 19:08, H2O Tiki wrote:
Hi all, I know you all are excited about the lodge, I need to ask one thing. Let myself or Billy know(PM)if you are going to eat. We(the Lodge)needs to know how much Pig to order. I will see there.

H2O AKA Brian

Just call me. Most of you choppers have my number!

B

i'm in,
i'll chop for pig!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Babalu posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 7:29 AM

Billy Brother...Can't make it man. Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend. You going to wear one of those cool hats when you carve?

On 2008-05-05 07:29, Babalu wrote:
Billy Brother...Can't make it man. Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend. You going to wear one of those cool hats when you carve?

OUCH!!! That's like dad not being able to make my big game!! I understand the family cabletow, though. Family first always. You're still welcome to stop by with the family and check the scene without being part of the carving village.

C
Cammo posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 11:16 AM

"Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend."

Bro, I brought my 80-year-old mom to the Tiki Farm Sale, she got up at 6:30 am and helped us load chairs! She loved it!

Why not bring him to the Deluxe, Number One Greatest Show on Earth -

The Billy Boy Masonic Luau and Tiki Chop-a-Holic Marathon!

On 2008-05-05 11:16, Cammo wrote:
"Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend."

Bro, I brought my 80-year-old mom to the Tiki Farm Sale, she got up at 6:30 am and helped us load chairs! She loved it!

Why not bring him to the Deluxe, Number One Greatest Show on Earth -

The Billy Boy Masonic Luau and Tiki Chop-a-Holic Marathon!

Amys' not too fond of the chop........especially after I got Babs home at 7 and he was supposed to be home at 4. I think pushing it would warrant building a nice bamboo doghouse.

B

Cammo's mom is way cooler than my brother in-law.

C
Cammo posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 1:49 PM

My mom LOVED the Tikiyaki orchestra; she's a pretty fine pianist, she actually used to do a duelling-pianos act with my Aunt, who later studied with Robert Goulet and could have gone concert-pro. So she absolutely loved sitting 15 feet from that band playing their retro tunes. I bought her the CD for her birthday.

So what ARE you gonna do with your brother-in-law???? We want the whole story!

B
Babalu posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 4:15 PM

I think I'm going to take him down to that docked Russian sub and let him scoot around on his butt in there for awhile...fish tacos after...he likes fish tacos.

So Cammo, are you going to carve in one of those special little hats too? Someone take pictures...

what hats? fez's? do masons wear fez's i though only shriners did

On 2008-05-05 16:22, tikithomas08 wrote:
what hats? fez's? do masons wear fez's i though only shriners did

Shriners ARE Masons, but this is just a Masonic event. All Shriners are invited to don their Fez and partake of pig. All others are welcome to don a fez, as long as it's not a Shrine Fez. Wearing regalia that you have not earned is a no-no.

C
Cammo posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 6:10 PM

What Billy means here is that Thomas is correct - only Shriners wear the Fez!

Shriners are senior Masons, who have gone through all the Masonic grades right to the top, and have basically graduated to being most excellent elder Masons. That's why they goof around a lot - it's a reward for a lifetime of dedication to Masonic ideals. (And showing up at lodge regularly.)

Shriners are also all pretty much great guys. Silent film genius Harold Lloyd was a Shriner, and helped build the Shrine Auditorium for fundraising in L.A. That in turn led to Hollywood being a center of charity events, a tradition very much still with us.....

ahhhhh ok got it

C
Cammo posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 10:06 PM

And of course, Shriners rock.

Cam, you are correct, sir. And it's all for the kids. We have burn units, speech centers, Shrine hospitals, and it's all free for children.

When you see those silly drunk old men in their crooked Fez, they are usually in the middle of a fund-raiser. That's what they do, CONSTANTLY. Keeping hospitals afloat is an expensive deal, man. That's why I get so irate when folks who are not even Masons go around wearing our Fez. It's earned. So, you found it at a thrift store......put it on your shelf. If you want to wear it, spend two years in the Masonic lodge and Scottish Rite, and EARN the right to wear it.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2008-05-06 13:14 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, May 6, 2008 12:13 PM

"speach centers"

Actually, Billy means 'speech' centers, but otherwise he's AOK.

On 2008-05-06 12:13, Cammo wrote:
"speach centers"

Actually, Billy means 'speech' centers, but otherwise he's AOK.

That was a rookie mistake from typing too fast.

C
Cammo posted on Tue, May 6, 2008 2:32 PM

I unnerstand.

ive actualy been thinking about joining the masons, my grandpa was a long time mason and id like to pick up where he left off. ill get some info on it at this chop

On 2008-05-06 16:56, tikithomas08 wrote:
ive actualy been thinking about joining the masons, my grandpa was a long time mason and id like to pick up where he left off. ill get some info on it at this chop

To be one, ask one. Send me a PM and I'll give you my number if youre serious.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-05-06 17:06 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 137 replies