Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Another Hoity Toity So Cal TC Event !!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

For those of you who have never had a chance to see the stylings of Richard Cheese & Lounge Against the Machine, now is your opportunity! This Friday, February 28th, the Swinging Dick will be playing at Cane’s Bar & Grill in San Diego, CA. Showtime starts at 9pm.

If you’ve had the opportunity to experience Richard Cheese here’s a brief description from his website:

“America’s loudest lounge singer performs kooky lounge-style covers of rock hits. With his swingin' Lounge Against The Machine band, the finger-snapping, liquor-lapping, night-capping crooner has turned another round of rock songs into traditional pop vocal standards.”

For those interested in attending this swinging show, we will be meeting Al & Shelly at the World Famous Lagoon Room at 6:00 pm for pre-show drinks. Stop by and experience the magic of Al’s mixology - those in the know can tell you, it’s second to none!

Directions are as follows:

Al & Shelly’s Fabulous Lagoon Room
2814 Mesa Drive
Oceanside, CA

5 Freeway to Oceanside
Exit Mission Ave and go East
At Mesa Drive turn right

Canes’ Bar & Grill
3105 Oceanfront Walk,
San Diego, CA

From the Lagoon Room:
5 Freeway South to San Diego
Exit Sea World Drive to Tecolote Road
Turn Right on to Sea World Drive
Merge on to W Mission Bay Drive
Turn Left on to Mission Blvd

We will be leaving the Lagoon Room at 8:00pm to catch the show. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting the San Diego Centralites. Come out for a fun night of swinging lounge the Richard Cheese way!

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-25 19:26 ]

• bump *
S

Hey PolyPop!

Sounds like fun but we can't make it tomorrow.

Keep us up to date on when Richard Cheese is playing in the LA/OC area. We would love to see him.

Best regards to "Awesome Al" and the lovely Shell in the Pacific!

So is this thing still on?

Chiki,
Yes, this thing is still on! I've spoken with a few SD Centralites who plan on showing up as well. FYI, I will be at Al's early, around 1:30pm, for a small Oceanside Tiki Trek prior to 6:00pm cocktails. Would be great if you can join us!

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2003-02-28 08:22 ]

Thankyou AlnShelly for a great time lastnight. I felt at home and well, slightly buzzed. If I could carve tikis like you create drinkable works of art, Oh man...Hope to see y'all soon.

Shoots, missed it.
Is this Lagoon Room an actual place in O'side or a private residence?
Any other cool tropical places in North County?

CA, maybe next time. As many Centralites have christened their tiki bars/rooms with an appropriate name, so have Al and Shelley christened their bar The Lagoon Room. Incidentally, it's MY favorite tiki bar. Traditional atmosphere, great authentic drinks and excellent service. How can you ask for anything more?

Pages: 1 7 replies