Pages: 1 16 replies

D

????

S

why the separate thread?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27912&forum=4&22

I say step on up and take over....

go for it.

I know. It strikes me as disrespectful to Tiki Kiliki to open a thread like that when the question was clearly answered by her and Swanky in the above threads. And if you are indeed suggesting to continue having a yearly Tiki event at the Mai Kai, suggest that in clear terms, and don't call it the Hukilau, that was their baby. A little mourning period before such a thing is suggested would be appropriate, too, we should not act like spoiled little kids that can't have their candy.

J

Also, could we please have a little respect for the woman's privacy? If she was ready to divulge the details behind her decision, I'm sure she would have included that in her original post, or her follow-up posts. I realize her decision effects many people, but it is her decision to make. It was clearly difficult and very personal for her, and I don't think she owes anyone an explanation.

I suggest those of you who've had the fortune to attend a Hukilau event take a moment to thank her for her efforts in showing you a good time, then move on and stop whining about it! Check out the other thread, there are a lot of positive remarks there from appreciative folks.

D

On 2008-04-04 12:03, bigbrotiki wrote:
I know. It strikes me as disrespectful to Tiki Kiliki to open a thread like that when the question was clearly answered by her and Swanky in the above threads. And if you are indeed suggesting to continue having a yearly Tiki event at the Mai Kai, suggest that in clear terms, and don't call it the Hukilau, that was their baby. A little mourning period before such a thing is suggested would be appropriate, too, we should not act like spoiled little kids that can't have their candy.

Also, could we please have a little respect for the woman's privacy? If she was ready to divulge the details behind her decision, I'm sure she would have included that in her original post, or her follow-up posts. I realize her decision effects many people, but it is her decision to make. It was clearly difficult and very personal for her, and I don't think she owes anyone an explanation.

I suggest those of you who've had the fortune to attend a Hukilau event take a moment to thank her for her efforts in showing you a good time, then move on and stop whining about it! Check out the other thread, there are a lot of positive remarks there from appreciative folks.

Guys...calm down, okay?

I didn't get word of this until today when I got the Tiki Events email from Otto so I had no idea that something was posted here. I'm not suggesting that anybody 'divulge' any personal information or tell me point for point 'why'. That's none of my business, I know that. And I'm not a spoiled kid and I don't want any candy. It was an honest question. If you saw something like 'Trader Vic's is closing Dallas for a year' and you didn't know why you'd be just a tad curious, no?

Sorry. I was just assuming people read the new posts pertaining to a subject before starting a new one. Not that everybody has to be as TC crazy as me -and even I have overlooked stuff too before I posted, so I apologize ....and I DO feel like a kid whose candy has been taken away with the Hukilau! But enough of that, everybody enjoy the hell out of this year's event!

R

*On 2008-04-04 12:03, bigbrotiki wrote:*we should not act like spoiled little kids that can't have their candy.

But papa I like the candy.

T

Time to pass the baton !!!!

Yes. Good idea.

Great. Pappy is taking his cues from TikiLaLe now. Go on, make my day.

D'oh!

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-04-04 19:46 ]

Everyone,

This is not the end of the Mai-Kai - just the end of Hukilau as we know it.

But don't worry, you'll find out what Tiki Kiliki Productions has in store for 2009! An East Coast Tiki event will continue!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I can't believe it....just my luck...I am a dealer rep for a dental supply company and I have to attend the FNDC a dental convention in Orlando the same weekend. But my wife and friends will be attending in my place...I 'll end em with lots of cash to spend at the vendors I probably will never see again. Aaron

Stay Tiki!!! And thanks to Tiki Killiki for all of the great years and the best tiki times of my life!!!

T

On 2008-04-04 17:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
Great. Pappy is taking his cues from TikiLaLe now. Go on, make my day.

Make my day ... Clean up that front yard of yours. Weeds growing on the steps.
LOOKING FORWARD TO WEED FREE PICTURES !!!

K
Kenike posted on Sat, Apr 5, 2008 5:45 AM

If you saw something like 'Trader Vic's is closing Dallas for a year' and you didn't know why you'd be just a tad curious, no?

Whaaaaaa??????

Seriously, this Hukilau news hasn't quite sunk in yet. I'm a little shocked, extremely disappointed and extremely grateful all at the same time.

T

WHY?

IMO there is the enjoyment end of Hukilau & the work end to make the event happen yearly.
Burnout from the work end is to be expected doing this year after year. It also sounds
like this is NOT a break event ($$$). We salute the effots of the current organizers &
look forward to the future with new torch bearers.

Thortiki

Pages: 1 16 replies