Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A New Trader Vic's in Los Angeles ?

Pages: 1 5 replies

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2008 5:48 PM

I searched TC and did not find any info posted. I just spoke to a well placed source at TV's that said "we will have a new Trader Vic's in LA to open in the Spring 2009". The New Vic's will be located near the Staples Center in Downtown LA. The restaurant and bar will be in the true tradition of the past not like TV's Las Vegas or the " Mai Tai Bars". I trust the source and I do hope it really happens.

Hm, "Trader Vic's Staples Center", that has a certain ring to it!

Good News, if true.

The location probably will be LA Live.
However, no mention on of TV on their website:

Featuring an exciting mix of entertainment from sports and music to movies and dining and so much more, L.A. LIVE will be the leading entertainment destination for all of Los Angeles and the event capital of the world.

L.A. LIVE will offer a rich mix of local, regional and national restaurants reflecting the uniqueness of Los Angeles and its passion for food. Serving everyone's taste and budget, the restaurants at L.A. LIVE will be open for lunch and dinner, offering outdoor dining to take advantage of Los Angeles' perfect climate.

Entertainment Venues

• Club NOKIA
  • The Conga Room
  • Lucky Strike Lanes
  • Regal Cinemas
  • ESPN Zone

I personally will love it, if true and if I return to enjoy it:
Lakers and Tiki!

F

Wonder if they'll use any of those giant tikis that were left over after the warehouse sale.

Trader Vics will indeed open at LA Live, according to the new website.
There will be a Tiki Room and a Tiki-Farm designed mug.

http://www.tradervicsla.com

A

On 2008-04-04 17:48, dibroc wrote:
I searched TC and did not find any info posted. I just spoke to a well placed source at TV's that said "we will have a new Trader Vic's in LA to open in the Spring 2009". The New Vic's will be located near the Staples Center in Downtown LA. The restaurant and bar will be in the true tradition of the past not like TV's Las Vegas or the " Mai Tai Bars". I trust the source and I do hope it really happens.

There is already an earlier thread about this:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28230&forum=1&19

Pages: 1 5 replies