Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha Sam's, Enter Kona

Pages: 1 0 replies

S

Aloha Friends,

It's been a long time!

I think John Lennon said it best, "life is what happens when you're making plans."

Anyhoo, my better half and I were at Sam's (Seafood) tonight when the waitress casually informed us that Sam's has recently changed owners and the new establishment will operate under the new name. Kona. And while I don't necesarily have problem with the new name, it certainly marks the end of an era for one of the finest vintage tiki establishments on the left coast. As HB locals and tiki enthusiasts, T and I have frequented Sam's even after the transition from Sam's Seafood for it's tradition and tiki decor. But this time I truly fear that the end is near. A new logo is scheduled to appear in the next couple of weeks, so don't be surprised if you see a new sign that reads Kona. The staff says that it won't change much, but of course they are the young, hottie twenty something waitresses dressed in black (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but maybe that's not necessarily in the spirit of tiki.

So whether it's Sam's, Kona or whatever they call it, enjoy it while it lasts. Next stop, Kona Condos. If we should be so lucky...

Pages: 1 0 replies